Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many of We Quilters are Grandparents????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-we-quilters-grandparents-t70361.html)

SewExtremeSeams 10-21-2010 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Robinlee

Originally Posted by Robinlee
I have 6 grandchildren and 1 step-granddaughter. Picture is of the 6. 2 boys (6 and 5yrs) and 3 girls (4, 2, and 1) and expecting another granddaughter in early Nov. This picture was taken last April 2010.

"If I'd a know that grandchildren were so much fun, I would of had them first." is my motto.

Grandbaby "girl" came about 15 days early today. She is perfect.....Alta Marie - 7lbs. 6oz, 20" and lots of dark hair. I haven't seen pictures yet........but if she looks anything like her mommy...she'll be a cutie.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

sewingrams 10-21-2010 05:42 PM

I have 7 grandkids, 3 girls ages 9,6,and 3.
And 4 boys ages 8,7,3 and 2. They keep me young and their parents very busy.The 9,7,3 and 2 year olds belong to my oldest son. the 8,6 and 3(girl) belong to my daughter, life is never dull when they all get together.

Betty Ruth 10-21-2010 06:49 PM

It's nice when cousins can get together to play. I believe it to be especially nice when they are close in age.

I completely missed out on cousin playmates my age as a child. Both my sister who was only 13 months my senior and the female cousin who was my age died as infants. Next cousin in age was a male that I rarely saw. We still have little to say to each other, though we are both senior citizens.

Keepmelaffn 10-21-2010 07:16 PM

I'm one behind you Linda...I have 9 grands ranging from 6 mos. to 18 yrs....only 2 girls in the whole bunch! Spoil 'em and send 'em home...that's my motto! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

quilterj 10-22-2010 04:12 AM

I have 4 grandchildren. Two Boys and two girls. Just love them with everything in me. Mine live in Il. This christmas will be 4 or 5 yrs. since we have seen them and won't be able to make it home this year either. We miss them soooo much. Our oldest 2 will be 14 and 13 in Feb. We have missed out on soo much of their lives. I really regret moving to the south.

mamagee 10-22-2010 04:10 PM

I have 9 grandchildren (oldest is 30 years and the youngest is 3 months), 3 great-grandchildren and another one due in May 2011. My 4 children range in age from 52 down to 28. I'm a proud quilting mimi who is always busy with a crib quilt or a special ordered quilt (Hannah Montana, Camoflage, basketball, school house, etc.) I have so much to do I'll never get it done before I die. I also have several tops pieced by my grandmother when she was in her 90's that I want to quilt to hand down to my children. I'm a slow hand quilter so I quilt every day for as long as I can.

Betty Ruth 10-22-2010 06:10 PM

We didn't move away from our grandchildren; our children moved away from us. Our daughter lives in Missouri with her her husband and the two children they still have at home. Their oldest daughter is a US Marine, stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. Our son lives just up the road in Austin. However, since he and his wife recently got a divorce, I don't know when we'll get to see his two sons. The youngest lives with his mother, and the older goes to school in southeast Texas.

Dollysquiltingmom 10-22-2010 06:16 PM

I have 2, Gracee 7, Sadee 3.

tmsrich 10-22-2010 06:20 PM

We only have Finley - my avatar and 2 granddogs
All are fun and keep us busy
We would love to have more of the human type - hint hint
But i am thankful for what we have

Quilter Day-by-Day 10-23-2010 08:24 AM

I have to grandsons 9 and 7 but they live in another state so I don't get to see them much.