Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much time do you spend on this board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-time-do-you-spend-board-t49784.html)

mjsylvstr 06-16-2010 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
Me too! I put laundry in the washer and come back here. While I'm waiting for dinner to come out of the oven, I'm surfing here. There's just so much to learn, to laugh about and to share. And I don't think I've ever met an unfriendly quilter. It's kind of like having a whole lot of pen
pals here. My sons wondered why I've never gotten on FaceBook or Twitter but this site is so much better than anything else.

DITTO........

I am a combination of all the replies put together.

I have told friends about the board and sent them the site..and they have written back and told me that I have taken away all their spare time...it's now spent on the QB.

Thanks ladies, I do enjoy all the threads............mj

walen 06-16-2010 05:19 AM

You are all so wonderful and full of joy and information...what's not to love about chatting about our favorite hobby, quilting! When I take mini-breaks from work, here is where I head!

Lori L 06-16-2010 05:22 AM

I'm new to quilting and have found QB to be a site full of information and friendly/helpful people! We all have the same interest -quilting- and it's like being at a convention and having the opportunity to pick everyone's brains apart. haha. I work full time so I check in every am with my mocha latte (don't even look at me until I'm on my 2nd) and then again in the evening. I don't watch TV and if I compared my time on here to my husband's tv time.....well.....he'd win hands down! I do admit to checking in 3-4x a day when I have a day off, like today :) But I will get off here eventually and get to work on my quilting......if everyone would stop posting such interesting stuff! LOL

grandmacam 06-16-2010 05:51 AM

I receive a lot of inspiration just reading the posts. I'm probably on this site a couple of times a week. My husband and I own a busy campground, and summer is crazy busy, so I don't get to spend as much time as I would like.

greaterexp 06-16-2010 06:04 AM

Too much and not enough! It does take me away from other things I should probably be doing (we have a busy farm.), but I also have learned so much, which helps me be a better quilter. I'm so grateful for this group and all its support and ideas! It's the next best thing to having you all here sipping lemonade, quilting, and chatting on my porch! Can you all come to Oregon?

Para722 06-16-2010 06:49 AM

I have my coffee with this site every morning. This certainly has more exciting news and advice than the newspaper

marsye 06-16-2010 06:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't ever come here!

lass 06-16-2010 06:51 AM

Since I am in the middle of a move: living with DD and SIL waiting on my new house closing I have done alot of reading; not much quilting as the machine is not available.

adrianlee 06-16-2010 06:59 AM

I check this site every morning and several times during the day. I'm retired but I seem to be more busy than ever. When my husband asks me what I'm doing on the computer, I tell him I'm checking on my quilting friends. Hugs everyone!

MIQcamp 06-16-2010 07:46 AM

Enjoy this site - but takes away alot of my studio time!