Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HURRAYYY!! Our voice has been heard! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hurrayyy-our-voice-has-been-heard-t112085.html)

grammysews4u 03-30-2011 08:26 PM

It would be a smart move if they do!!!yipppeeeee!!!

Colorful Quilter 03-30-2011 08:26 PM

Ours is still carrying fabric and keep adding new lines, our trouble is finding somebody that works in the dept.

blanka 03-31-2011 02:57 AM

good to hear that walmart keeping it over there where you at too.i was very happy to hear that walmart keeping it over here, since that is my nearest walmart and i be driving already 35 min to get there.god bless all of you

quilt3311 03-31-2011 03:01 AM

The Walmart near me has had a remodel, they still have a fabric department, but its way smaller than before. better than nothing though.

smagruder 03-31-2011 03:03 AM

I have talked to store managers, written my local stores, and emailed several times Wal Marts headquarters.... Finally, someone listens.

susanwilley 03-31-2011 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by icon17
Lets not get to happy by Fabric they may mean 'Pre packaged' only!!

As I understand it some stores do have pre-packaged but they are keeping the bolt fabrics. Hopefully, they will be bringing the bolts back to all the stores.

AlwaysQuilting 03-31-2011 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by cakebaker
Sure do hope they bring fabric back, I don't go to walmart any more since they took the fabric out, I buy our food and hardware elsewhere. Don't miss them a bit.

Same here. I have no reason to drive the few extra miles to shop there now. I have other stores closer to me. The only reason I went to WalMart was their fabric department then stayed to buy clothes and food.

deema 03-31-2011 03:06 AM

I sincerely doubt ours will be getting yardage back. They just did a *huge* remodel, and wouldn't have anywhere to put it. It's fine...I do most of my fabric shopping online anyhow, because it's far too expensive to buy fabric locally.

susanwilley 03-31-2011 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by quilt'nmomma
I hope ours gets there dept back but I doubt it. They just finished clearing it out a few weeks ago. They are getting ready for there remodel.

Crafty Linda left a number above. 800- walmart. call and complain, it can't hurt and might just help!

nana4baj 03-31-2011 03:11 AM

our Walmart still has the fabric. hopfully they keep it

Originally Posted by susanwilley
Walmart is keeping their fabric depts!! yipppeee! This is what the sales lady in the fabric dept here in Glen Burnie told me today. They are changing this store into another Super Walmart and they are keeping their fabric. She didn't know if the ones already closed would be getting them back. But, it seems they will not be closing any more fabric depts. From what she told me Walmart has been getting petitions, phone calls and emails to keep fabric in their stores. Hopefully she knows what she's talking about.

:thumbup: :thumbup: