Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HURRAYYY!! Our voice has been heard! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hurrayyy-our-voice-has-been-heard-t112085.html)

grumpy90650 03-31-2011 07:00 AM

lucky you.....according to the sources here in south texas, our walmarts will not be bringing fabric back.....big bummer!!!!!

dorrell ann 03-31-2011 07:09 AM

Maybe she does!!

gypsylady5 03-31-2011 07:31 AM

The gal at our Walmart sortof alluded to this, but couldn't say anything definite. I pray they won't discontinue as it is about the only fabric store left in our area. Walmart put the other fabric stores out of business and now they want to go out! Better not! Will lose my business as I can get groceries elsewhere!

Cam22 03-31-2011 08:17 AM

Our fabric dept. was closed when they remodeled. They are talking about adding fabric back but prepackaged. Not what we want so complaints are still going to walmart. Fingers crossed that they add back what they took away.

EagarBeez 03-31-2011 08:39 AM

I have not been back to Walmart in quite some time. They made our fabric dept much smaller then it was. They still have a cutting table and bolt fabric. The bolt fabric was a lot of childrens. Disney, race cars. They did have some others, but, nothing I would want. They had barrels with fabric as well as tables set up in the walk way. Nothing that you could use for quilting. Limited threads, fiber fill, needles. Nothing worth driving an hour one way. Not with gas prices on the rise. It's sad DH and I used to drive up there, and have lunch in this china buffet that had great food. Even the buffet food was not as good as it had been. We stay in our little town and buy what we need and I either buy fabric on line or wait until we drive to visit our grandbabies
Not only have I contacted corporate, which I kept getting the same form letter, but, I contacted my store and never got one email back... not one note that they even recieved my email. It would be nice if they made the department somewhat like the old one was. Other then that, they lost me as a customer

jane2 03-31-2011 08:41 AM

Don't hold ypur breath! The prepacks are all that are avalable in Leduc and Wetaskiwin Alberta and they have no itentuion of acking down to what customers want Jane

reeskylr 03-31-2011 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by susanwilley
Walmart is keeping their fabric depts!! yipppeee! This is what the sales lady in the fabric dept here in Glen Burnie told me today. They are changing this store into another Super Walmart and they are keeping their fabric. She didn't know if the ones already closed would be getting them back. But, it seems they will not be closing any more fabric depts. From what she told me Walmart has been getting petitions, phone calls and emails to keep fabric in their stores. Hopefully she knows what she's talking about.

Sometimes I have to wonder if the MEN who build these stores have half a clue. lol -- I thought ours was going to be closed too, but they kept it, even if it is a lot smaller.

zennia 03-31-2011 08:46 AM

I can only hope they get it back here. When i emailed their web site they told me NO. Sure hope whoever I talked to is wrong.

debbieoh 03-31-2011 08:54 AM

Hope they keep a real fabric dept. The super walmart they built here also says they have a fabric dept. Its NOT. They do have fabric BUT you can't buy it by the yard. They come in packages of 2 or more yards. kits, fat quaters in packages and charm packs

Katts 14 03-31-2011 09:12 AM

Thank You! from Arbutus