Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am a very bad person....... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-very-bad-person-t75720.html)

Sadiemae 11-11-2010 12:48 PM

Don't feel bad, and I admit nothing...

Ramona Byrd 11-11-2010 12:49 PM

Twenty lashes with a wet noodle.

Now go back to sewing. Have fun. Don't beat up on yourself.
Many of us have discovered that life happens when we have other plans.

gale 11-11-2010 12:52 PM

Don't feel bad. I'm finally getting the quilt I made quilted and will still need to bind and put the label on. I didn't get it in January but it's been way too long. I also made a 2nd quilt with my own fabrics and I really want to mail them at the same time so I have to get that one sandwiched, quilted and bound as well. In my defense my kit was miscut quite a bit so I had to do a bit of fixing.

CarrieAnne 11-11-2010 12:52 PM

Hugs.........at least you are going to finish. YEAH!!!!!!!!!

SCGreatGran 11-11-2010 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by amy WI
I received a QFK kit in January. All I have to do is put the label on and mail it back. I feel terrible that I have let down so many people. :( My goal for this weekend-sew on the label!!! I will update when I finally send it out. Feel free to give me 20 lashings! I deserve them.

Amy, You're not so bad, and definitely not alone. I also got a kit in January, and had great plans to make an extra quilt from my own stash. Got as far as piecing the first top, ready to sandwich, and started some unexpected health problems. Then a stroke happened. Couldn't sew for quite some time following that & physical therapy, etc. etc. Last month, feeling guilty, I managed to finish the quilt from the kit provided, put it in a plastic bag, and forgot all about it. THAT was BAD!!
They sent out email reminders about a week ago, and feeling so guilty, I managed to find a box and mailed it this past week. Voila... guilt is lifted and the quilt is on the way to make a child happy :)
Anne

ncsewer 11-11-2010 03:59 PM

I thought I was perfect one day... but I was mistaken!

cathyvv 11-11-2010 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug

Originally Posted by cathyvv

I don't know any perfect people, do you??

I used to be perfect, but then I made a mistake! :wink:

You're WAY AHEAD of me then!

My kids tell me I've more than made up for lost time... Based on their input, I suspect that I may be ahead of everyone else in the world by now!

Grammy o'5 11-11-2010 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv

I don't know any perfect people, do you??

I used to be perfect, but then I made a mistake! :wink:

LOL! :lol: :lol:

I'm sure the Quilt For Kids people will love it just the same!

Linda1 11-12-2010 05:10 AM

I got mine in February. I still have to quilt it. I really feel bad about this so when I get this one done and mailed out I probably won't get another.

grann of 6 11-12-2010 05:19 AM

This is why I don't like having more than one project going at a time; because I know I do the same thing. When I start something I have to keep at it till the end or it will end up becoming a UFO in some box and that drives me nuts. My mother was a procrastinator, my husband got bored with a project and not finish it; and my kids are all that way. I can't stand it. It is a daily fight for me but fight I must!!! Glad you are finishing it.