Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I can't believe I did something so crazy. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-cant-believe-i-did-something-so-crazy-t187259.html)

butterflies5518 04-27-2012 05:36 PM

Oh wow, hopefully your guardian angel will help you recover/get new hoops! When divorcing, had my side of the garage he had his - guess whose stuff was tossed? Accident, I don't think so, more like he did an "accidentally on purpose".

lclang 04-27-2012 07:35 PM

My favorite aunt always said that "junk" was something you needed badly shortly after you heard the trash truck going out of your alley! So True!

BETTY62 04-27-2012 07:42 PM

I hope you are able to find your items.

stchenfool 04-28-2012 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by nhweaver (Post 5172319)
I have a Janome MC10000 for 10 years, and I never attempted to learn embroidery. I decided that I am going to practice and make my own quilt labels. The mega and giga hoop boxes were on top shelf of my stash closet and every time I needed my sewing box, (they were on top), they would fall on my head. Been that way for a year or two. Finally Earlier this spring, In keeping with organizing my stash closet, I had decided that the hoops were not going to be used for years, so I put them away somewhere (walk in attic - next project). At the same time, I was making up a big pile of stuff for Teen Challenge thrift store, and I guess you can figure out what happened. They are no where to be found. I have torn apart every drawer - bin , closet, even looked under the sinks and finally figured out today that I donated them!!!!! I am going there first thing tomorrow and ask if they remember them. Maybe they are still in the back, or maybe they haven't been sold. I just priced them on ebay and choked!!! As my 10 year old grandson would say, it is a bad charma experience!!!!

Sometimes I get in that mode too. So I set things aside and think about it awhile and go back to it a week or so later (or even longer) and see if I still want to let it go, if I still have feelings for it I keep it, otherwise out the door it goes! LOL

Amythyst02 04-28-2012 04:10 AM

I can relate to this, I have done things like this several times, guess I am not a fast learner : (

Waiting to see if you were able to get them back from the Thrift store : ) fingers crossed for you ...

nstitches4u 04-28-2012 07:11 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. Every time I organize my sewing room, I increase the time I spend looking for things. I hope you find your hoops. Don't give up. I usually spend a lot of time looking for something and finally just give up. Weeks or months later, I find it---when I am looking for something else. I rarely find the item I am looking for at the time.

Norma

grandme26 04-28-2012 07:17 AM

That is a very common mistake that I use to make, but now, accordinh to daughter, I am a horder of anything to do with quilting or sewing.

jcrow 04-28-2012 08:28 AM

I'm hoping you find your hoops at the store. Hopefully nobody knows what they are for and haven't bought them yet. I just cleaned my sewing room and misplaced so many items. I can't find my good iron. It's been on top of my high dresser for ever and I went to get it a couple of days ago, and it's gone. No idea where I would have put it. And that's just one of many, many things I put some place else. I am never going to rearrange my sewing room. Now I have to go buy some more of the same items and after I do, I will find them. Dang!

glenda5253 04-28-2012 10:35 AM

Oh...that hurts! I hate it when I move something to a "better" place and can't find it but I'm sure this hurt much worse.

zennia 04-28-2012 10:45 AM

I have had my janome 1001 for about the same as you and like you never learned to embroidery with it. I just went for my first lesson the other day and left something at the shop. When I called they didnt know what I was talking about. I was lucky. A few days later they found what I had left there. All I could think was " boy that was an expensive lesson" Hope yours ends as well as mine.