Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I hate it when... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-hate-when-t18153.html)

thismomquilts 03-29-2009 01:09 PM

1. when the kids talk to me while i'm cutting fabric...
2. when i begin something only to have to leave in the middle of it.
3. ruler thing!!
4. when i failed to buy enough fabric from a store 40 miles away - and knowing there's still somet there - i just have to go get it :(
5. having to go to work instead of staying home to quilt :)

jan22 04-01-2009 05:14 AM

Mystery quilt classes. I joined my first, and did as instructed. Hated the block and design so now I have this huge box of strips cut and several squares sewed and I know I'll never finish it. Never signed up for another mystery since. I'm a 'need to know' person in that I need to know what it will look like when finished or I will never start cutting fabric. Now I make a block of a design before I cut anymore fabric for the rest of the squares. Too many other projects and ideas that I want to do.

QuiltinCuzn 04-01-2009 05:39 AM

I hate it when I'm cutting my fabric and my back starts to hurt sooo bad. I wish my dining room table was just a bit higher!! I can't cut sitting, I have to stand, and when I'm bent over, my body is at a 90 degree angle! Lol.

I found a high "bar-type" table in the clearance section of Nebraska Furniture Mart. It is the perfect height to use as a cutting table. I used to cut on the floor :)

quiltingma 04-01-2009 05:41 AM

I have my quilt all laid out and it looks right, sew it together and I have 2 blocks the same next to each other.

rocklady 04-01-2009 05:42 AM

I sew the hanging sleeve/rod pocket?? on the bottom of the wall hanging instead of the top. Just did that. GRRRR

Bettia 04-01-2009 06:39 AM

mk, Kinda sorta the same. I sewed a straight pin with a round head into my batting. It took forever to get it out.

pennyswings 04-01-2009 06:49 AM

I hate it when I think the thread tension is ok then pull the piece out of the machine and find big loops of bobbin thread under the piece. This usually happens when I switch from zig-zag to straight stitch, and is my fault for not taking that into account. I also hate it when the last time I used the machine I was doing a zig-zag machine quilting and I switch the foot I was using to my 1/4" foot only to start to sew and break the needle, because I forgot to switch the stitch type from zig-zag to straight stitch, again my fault. Can you tell I am inexperienced or what? :lol: :hunf:
I too hate when the ruler moves! :shock:
Penny

CKKKKZH 04-01-2009 06:50 AM

I hate it when I am quilting the quilt and the bottom of the quilt gets caught up in the back and then I have to take out the stiches.

QuiltingWithMissy 04-01-2009 06:57 AM

My quilting pet peeve is when you post a question and a lot of people say well I don't know that but I am sure some one will. I probably will be hated after this. But if you don't know the answer give the people that do a chance to say yes I do know. I have posted questions before and gotten good answers. But before I got to them I gave up reading all the I don't knows.
Now you can hate me. Juju

waquilter 04-01-2009 07:39 AM

When I'm machine quilting and the tension gets all messed up on the back side and I don't realize it for about a mile.