Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-52-purchased-quilt-patterns-how-many-do-you-have-t197017.html)

MarLeClair 08-08-2012 08:11 AM

This spring when I cleaned my sewing room, I was almost sick at the amount of money that i have spent on patterns and books. If I am going to sew with my applique group, we usually have to buy a book-that's o.k. But I had books that cost $29.95 that I sold for a quarter of the price. What didn't sell, I kept. When I would travel I would buy lots of patterns. Usually something that was not common to my area. Again, I haven't made any of them. Now I find that you can find almost anything on the internet free and I will look there first. But, I don't drink, don't smoke, don't have an antique car in the garage that I use for shelving, don't have a woodworking shop and tons of tools, don't collect coins or stamps, so I think I am still o.k.

Jim's Gem 08-08-2012 09:24 AM

I refuse to count them. Don't want to know.

jcrow 08-08-2012 10:02 AM

I just started collecting pattern books. I have tons of separate patterns I've bought. So many. So so many. I know I have probably 52 also, at least. Then I have all the free downloaded ones I printed. And I get four magazines a month, too. Yes, I love collecting them. If someone here shows a quilt and says the name of the pattern, off I go and buy it. I'm bad, or good, it depends on which way you look at it!

jillnjo 08-08-2012 10:30 AM

I have only bought a pattern or two, but I have many magazines and look through them at least once a year! I like to use a pattern for basic instructions and seldom make my own pattern, except in applique. I love books, too, but have a very small library compared to what I read some of you have.

Knitnoid 08-08-2012 10:38 AM

When I redid my sewing room I purged my books/magazines/patterns until it fit in one small book case and on one wire shelf. Well, fast forward a couple of years and there's a stack of books & magazines beside my bed, a couple of stacks on a NEW shelving unit a pile stacked on top of the fabric totes and who knows how many scattered here and there. I think it's time to go through them again and get them back in their allotted space.

fien777 08-08-2012 10:47 AM

My pile of books and second ( or thirth-fourth - fifth) hand magazines is growing.
But although I will not live long enough to make all the patterns I like, I enjoy looking at them over and over again.
And sometimes patterns I didn't like two years ago I love right now!!!!
and should I have saved all that money I spend on it??
I don't know....like Marilyn says: I don't smoke and don't drink and so on...
Would I haven spend my money on those things I would have nothing left to look at......:D

TexasGurl 08-08-2012 12:03 PM

I did a pattern & book purge recently, cleaning out my quilt closet ... gave a bunch to friends and a niece who's quilting now, and donated more to the guild sale. I realized that even after 20+ yrs of quilting, I have FAR more "to do's" than I'll ever have time for ...!

jj1150 08-08-2012 02:28 PM

Ohhh, I LoVE collecting quilt patterns. Especially love it when I can buy/download them to my printer and just print them out ... gotta love etsy.com for that.

Sooo, I probably have about 25-30 I have bought and yet to make any of them .... but I'm gonna!!! But first I want to learn more about paper piecing!!!

jody

susieqwva 08-08-2012 05:16 PM

OMG! I have notebooks full! Quilt Patterns, Wall Hangings, Table Runners & Miscellaneous!!!!! Don't depress me with how much money I have spent ...... it gives me great pleasure to leaf thru them when I don't have time to sew! :)

bigdogmom 08-08-2012 05:38 PM

I have never counted but have tons of patterns,books,magazines,downloads,etc. I do enjoy looking at them and realize there is no way I will make them all,except "in my mind."I have purged many times,given to friends who are thrilled and if they don't want them,they can pass them on too. I have donated some to goodwill and figure someday there will be a post on this board called "LOOK at my GOODWILL find!"