Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a new tip for you..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-new-tip-you-t146493.html)

My time 08-21-2011 07:13 PM

Thanks for the tip. I like paper piecing.

writerwomen 08-21-2011 07:44 PM

that makes so much sense thanks

frankie love 08-21-2011 07:45 PM

take a sample of material ,put in microwave bowl with a cup of water bring to boil , if it runs, wash material before cutting . I cut some squares out then thought this may run so I did this ,it faded , so id did this three times no more fading ,as I had no more material in the color needed .

Bobbinchick 08-21-2011 09:10 PM

Yeah I have folded the paper back on itself on the stitch line and then fold it forward and then back again and I could not always get the paper off. So the trick I gave worked better nad not so much cussing. Well I'm on the last technique on my Glacier Star quilt and so I'll be working on that for awhile and I've got the star sewn together and I was so happy it did not volcano on me. In fact, it came together much better than I thought it would. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

SnowQuilt 08-21-2011 10:04 PM

Good tip. Thank you. I use the printing paper when I pp. I will use this tip. :thumbup: :)

craftybear 08-21-2011 10:06 PM

thanks for the tip

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
:-D :-D :-D I have a great tip that I thought of a couple days ago. If you use regular printer paper for foundation piecing and find it a little harder to take it off the block when you are done. Try this.... Get a small bowl or a cup and put a little water in it. Then get a q-tip and dip it in the water and dap some water on the stitches on the paper and it will soften it so it makes it much easir to carefully take off that paper. And it doesn't pull on the threads. This is a great way to test color to see if it runs. Just sew two scraps together as if making a block a light and a dark color and then do the q-tip trick and if the color runs, you will know it right away. Then you will know not to use the running color in your quilt. This trick is great for those little tiny pieces of paper you have to take off. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

GrannyHanaDa 08-22-2011 04:41 AM

Great tip.
Thank-you.

mim 08-22-2011 05:18 AM

Also -- for those tiny bits of paper in the corners -- use pointed tip tweezers. I use one from a biology lab with a curved tip

Mim

jeannie t 08-22-2011 07:59 AM

Thanks for the great tip!

Bobbinchick 08-22-2011 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by mim
Also -- for those tiny bits of paper in the corners -- use pointed tip tweezers. I use one from a biology lab with a curved tip

Mim

:-D :-D :-D I have a pair of those, but they disappeared and haven't seen it for God knows when. I sure miss them as I used to use then when I cut jump stitches on embroidery. I don't do machine embroidery much any more because it bothers my eyes. I have another pair that are straight and these better not go missing. If I buy another pair,,, they will reappear I'm sure, isn't that usually the case??? Huggies, Fay