Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I know I can't be the only one . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-know-i-cant-only-one-t218748.html)

IrishgalfromNJ 04-11-2013 01:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the cheater fabric I bought. It's called "Welcome Home." Can't wait to put this quilt together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407287[/ATTACH]

Gannyrosie 04-11-2013 02:54 AM

[QUOTE=Jan in VA;5991134]There is no "cheating in quilting....everything is allowed!!:thumbup:
So, I call these "efficiency" panels.:D

After all, you made a very efficient decision for your class at Houston, right? :)

Jan in VA I like your attitude. I agree with you 100 percent. For kids quilts they are the bomb. As long as they have their favorite theme, animal, etc, they don't care. I am working on one now, but it's not a full cheater. What I actually am doing is I copied the pic of the panel, and then I cropped and blew up the images, and am using them to alter the quilt design. The mom likes owls, and this one had birds, but I had an idea of a quilt in mind, found this pic and said "yes" this is what I was thinking of. I have purchased a cheater for my grandson (didn't start it yet) of trains. Red and trains are his favorite.

NanaCindyLou 04-11-2013 03:24 AM

Found the cutest piece at Walmart....zoo animal faces in the middle of "cheater" double wedding ring...I can't wait to make it for my grandson...

Anael 04-11-2013 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 5991134)
There is no "cheating in quilting....everything is allowed!!:thumbup:
So, I call these "efficiency" panels.:D

After all, you made a very efficient decision for your class at Houston, right? :)

Jan in VA

LOL Jan, I love your attitude! I will think of you when I see efficiency fabrics again :). Never bought them but now I think I will!

Rose Marie 04-11-2013 05:30 AM

I used some Christmas fabric with squares printed on it. It was perfect for backing a lap quilt so it is two sided.

nygal 04-11-2013 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun (Post 5991774)
I saw a Dear Jane cheater panel that I wish I would have bought. That's the only way I'll get a Dear Jane.

I made a twin size "real" Dear Jane quilt and I still wish I could get my hands on some of the cheater fabric of it. It must have been a big seller because it's no where to be found now.

bunniequilter 04-11-2013 05:34 AM

Dont like the term "cheater". There is nothing wrong with the panels they can be very useful. Have used them many times for a quick kids quilt.

stablemom 04-11-2013 05:36 AM

There is nothing wrong with using these. What ever makes you happy! I like to cut them up and add additional fabric, have fun, mix it up!

Lucio 04-11-2013 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by bunniequilter (Post 5993103)
Dont like the term "cheater". There is nothing wrong with the panels they can be very useful. Have used them many times for a quick kids quilt.

I actually search them out for my kid's charity quilts. This makes for far fewer seams and a more durable quilt for the possible abuse they might receive.

CarolynMT 04-11-2013 09:25 AM

These types of fabrics are great for practicing long arm quilting on, ;) I plan to practice circles using the pebble type fabrics and the wood looking ones. Can work free motion circles and lines on those,