Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I know some won't agree but please reconsider (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-know-some-wont-agree-but-please-reconsider-t206793.html)

Kimcatlou 11-25-2012 08:26 AM

I agree that it would be fun to know who lives near me. So, I checked my profile and the place I live is correct.
However, my birth date is wrong--According to it I am am only 2 years old! Much younger than my true 81 years!
How can I change my birth date in my profile?

verna2197 11-25-2012 08:29 AM

I agree there are times when I would love to see where someone is from. I too would like to find others that live close to me.

Sandra-P 11-25-2012 08:35 AM

As you can see I agree with putting my whereabouts. I have been on this board since 2009 and nothing has happened as a result of me telling my first name or where I live.

Neesie 11-25-2012 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 5676492)
On another, similar site I changed my real state location to a ficticious one because a nasty person who disagreed with me on something referred to my state in a negative way... like all of us from Mississippi are barefoot, have no education, and marry our cousins. I decided I didn't need the aggravation and maybe it was no one's business where I lived, anyway...

Of course, the people on the Quilting Board are much nicer!

Here in Texas, we all live on ranches, ride horses, wear cowboy hats & boots, walk with a swagger, and talk with a twang. :D

MartiMorga 11-25-2012 09:13 AM

"the only thing another quilter will stalk is your stash!! LOL!!"

Luv it!!!! I agree, agree, agree! But where and what can we do without locking ourselves in closets? You have to be cautious, and alert, but you can still be friendly and outgoing. It is a sad world we are living in and I pray someday, someway it will all change. I also am amazed at the intelligence it takes to do all of this cyber crime and think of what the brain would do if it was geared toward "good".

Anyone from Northwest Tennessee.....would love to find more quilting friends?

T. 11-25-2012 09:14 AM

I tried that yesterday, it didn't work. It took me a long time to even post the first picture. I don't know what happened. It looked like it was loading & took a long time, but in the end nothing showed.

nstitches4u 11-25-2012 09:16 AM

Makes sense to me. I just added my location.

lbc 11-25-2012 09:26 AM

I appreciate those who are willing to put their location. As others have stated, it's fun when you especially find someone in your own neighborhood.

butterflies5518 11-25-2012 09:38 AM

Thank you for the nudge, just updated mine! Hello from Houston!

k9dancer 11-25-2012 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by T. (Post 5678562)
I tried that yesterday, it didn't work. It took me a long time to even post the first picture. I don't know what happened. It looked like it was loading & took a long time, but in the end nothing showed.

It could be that the resolution of the photo is too big and needs to be reduced. Your photo editing program will be able to help you 'publish for web.'