Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I love quilting but I hate making tops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-love-quilting-but-i-hate-making-tops-t159817.html)

jaciqltznok 10-13-2011 04:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I love to make the tops and do NOT like to quilt.
I have a top that just 1st place and Grand champion at our county fair! Would love to talk to you about hand quilting it!

log cabin top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270540[/ATTACH]

grammagayle 10-13-2011 04:54 AM

I LOVE this quilt top. I really like log cabins anyway; and this one is gorgeous and SO DIFFERENT, which is also what I like

vickig626 10-13-2011 05:10 AM

We're a perfect match !!

I love the fabric selection, design, piecing, etc. but HATE the quilting part. It's just too hard on me physically. I've thought of asking a friend of mine to teach me hand quilting - she does beautiful work.

Ok, question -- if I do the piecing and you do the quilting, what do we do with the quilt when it's all done? One for me - one for you type thing?

weenus 10-13-2011 05:15 AM

We're a match made in Heaven! I love to make tops, but hate to quilt them.

Steady Stiching 10-13-2011 05:27 AM

What about making whole cloth quilts?

Great log cabin! Wow!

NDQuilts 10-13-2011 05:29 AM

I wish the board had a place for handquilters to advertise as well as long armers. Or is there one?

pocoellie 10-13-2011 05:33 AM

I sure wish we were closer, I love to piece but the quilting is the hard part. LOL

Judy McCrary 10-13-2011 06:02 AM

I don't really hate making tops, but prefer the quilting process to making tops. I do only hand quilting and feel that I can be totally relaxed and unclutter my mind when I am quilting. I do enjoy getting a quilt totally finished and feel that every one is a work of art. I have always wished that I could paint nature scenes, but really have no talent for drawing or painting, so I feel that God put quilting in my life to satisfy my desire to create art.

AshleyR 10-13-2011 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by NDQuilts
I wish the board had a place for handquilters to advertise as well as long armers. Or is there one?

I agree! Can someone do something about that? Maybe even adding us to the list and making it clear that we're hand-quilters?

AshleyR 10-13-2011 06:15 AM

I'll be honest, I have had so many offers to swap, I don't know what to do! I just don't have that many hours a day! I have a job and family too, and spend about an hour per day on my hobby!
I think I am just going to offer to sell my services instead. If you're interested in me quilting your quilt, I'd be happy to. I can provide the thread, quilt it and send it back to you to bind.
If you just want straight lines or a grid or something "easy" that I don't have to mark, I'll charge $5/square foot. If you want a pattern stenciled on, it'll be $6/square foot. Hopefully, you'll stencil it on so there's no question of what you're wanting!
And I'll send you pictures as it goes.
I also have dogs and cats in the house, but not in my quilting area.
If you're interested, send me a PM. And yes, I do know that's cheap, but I enjoy doing it, and I just want to do my part to keep the art alive and help you finish your work of art! Tonight, I'll post pics of the quilt I'm working on so you can see my stitches