Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I NEED ideas and quick (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-ideas-quick-t152480.html)

KathyKat 09-13-2011 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by TrenbeathRanch

Originally Posted by Tweety2911
The fastest thing I know is taking a panel or a pretty yard of fabric and add borders until you have the size you want and then quilt it up, sew on binding and wallah, done!

For fast and affordable, this suggestion gets my vote!

If you find a panel or larger print good for a baby blanket, this would sew up fast and has a appeal to a lot of people who know they are going to need a baby gift sooner or later.

KathyKat 09-13-2011 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Great-great granny

Originally Posted by winterfun
Ok Ladies and Gents,

I have been asked to make something and donate it to JDRF in our little home town. It has to be something quick and easy as only a couple of weeks to get this done. It has to be on the cheaper end but not look cheap as we all know we don't really have a lot of luck selling a quilt for what its worth! I can't wait to get started but need ideas?? Can't wait to hear from you all.!

Thanks in Advance,
Winterfun

How about several sets of Mug Rugs using up some of your scraps - that way they would have more than one thing to sell/auction.

(Be sure & add one of the cute Mug Rug poems to them so non-quilters will know what they are for)

A place for coffee, water, pop or tea
Whenever you use it, think of me. (or maybe "the JDRF")
Extra room for a little treat
Be it fruit or veggies or something sweet.
I could have made a bigger quilt,
I'm ready (and I'm able)
But instead I made this tiny quilt
to save your lovely table
So when you're drinking something hot
and want to rest your mug
Remember that your special cup
now has its own sweet rug

Good luck & have a blessed day

Cute idea! :idea:

roadrunr 09-13-2011 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
What about making a baby quilt using the super sized nine patch. It is very fast and easy to make.

I agree, I saw the super-sized 9 patch the ohter day and they look super fast and easy to do, plus you can do 3 of them with the same fabrics (all you need is 1 yard each of three coordinating fabrics for the front) plus the backingand batting.

sguillot 09-13-2011 04:58 AM

How about a rag quilt made of scraps or whatever you have. Those are quick and cheap and I love them, a scrappy string quilt would also be nice.

Originally Posted by winterfun
Ok Ladies and Gents,

I have been asked to make something and donate it to JDRF in our little home town. It has to be something quick and easy as only a couple of weeks to get this done. It has to be on the cheaper end but not look cheap as we all know we don't really have a lot of luck selling a quilt for what its worth! I can't wait to get started but need ideas?? Can't wait to hear from you all.!

Thanks in Advance,
Winterfun

Deborah12687 09-13-2011 05:10 AM

How about making a set of quilted decrative pillows.

quilted dakota 09-13-2011 05:16 AM

i have instructions for a quilt, a star, that can be done in one day.

Kath12 09-13-2011 05:17 AM

How about a bed runner? These are becoming very popular and could be quickly done using 15" blocks

Homespun 09-13-2011 05:29 AM

A Potato Chip quilt is fast.

mucky 09-13-2011 05:30 AM

Buy a piece of fleece and slit it 5" in on each side and go around and tie 2 strips together. Really fast.

Kayaker26 09-13-2011 05:37 AM

I like the jelly roll 1600. It looks so cute when its done and people assume that it is harder I finshed one in about 2 hours, and looked great!