Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I ran away from home today. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-ran-away-home-today-t23110.html)

sewjoyce 07-22-2009 05:49 PM

Good for you!! Yep, I've ran away from home before, too -- but I always come back :roll:

Mousie 07-22-2009 06:39 PM

I've done that before too, but no one noticed, so I came back. They barely noticed that either. You have to let them go nekkid or starve...then they notice...they're nekkid and starving! :?

MollieSue 07-22-2009 07:11 PM

lol!!! Your subject title perked my ears up! :wink:
Everyone needs such a day, all to themselves, preferrably spent in a quilting store.....
I'm very glad you gave yourself the day!! :-) :-)

GailG 07-22-2009 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by katier825
I run away once a month for a few hours to the quilt shop. But what I'd really like is for the rest of the family to run away for a day or two. Then I'd have the house to myself and no interruptions when sewing unless I want to take a break! :D

When I'm really stressed after work or just a bad day, I love to sit and sew. In a very short time, I'm relaxed and it helps tremendously!

:lol: Oh, Katie, I'm so glad you said it. Those are my thoughts exactly. Many times I bring on the stress myself -- I over-commit. But it's just good to get away for a little while and get a different perspective on life. I didn't "need" what I bought, but I "needed" the splurge on ME.

What was most profound about my "flight" is that I don't usually drive in heavy traffic. At one point, I asked myself, "What do you think you're doing? Have you lost your mind?" :lol:

bearisgray 07-22-2009 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by katier825
I run away once a month for a few hours to the quilt shop. But what I'd really like is for the rest of the family to run away for a day or two. Then I'd have the house to myself and no interruptions when sewing unless I want to take a break! :D

When I'm really stressed after work or just a bad day, I love to sit and sew. In a very short time, I'm relaxed and it helps tremendously!

I, too, would like the rest of the family away for a week or two. So would my daughter! (She understands the concept now that she's married and has kids!) (But available in case of an emergency - such as backed up sewers)

I've gotten up to wash the kitchen floor at 2 AM, and someone has to traipse over it then.

theboss 07-22-2009 09:08 PM

I have to run away from time to time. I go nuts without my own time and yes it is usually to a fabric store. My family actually likes me to do it as I come home is such a pleasant mood. Something about those fabric pheremones that keep me happy! :mrgreen:

stitchinMamaw 07-23-2009 03:17 AM

Oh , I wish I could run away for a while , too ! My house is in turmoil !!! My daughter separated from her husband . Guess where her and her youngest son are ? My house . Lost my sewing room :cry: ! So I'm not getting much sewing done at all . Just when I had a quiet house and boom not any more . But what can you do , nothing right now . Annie

sandpat 07-23-2009 03:23 AM

Awww...for the good ole running away days. Actually...I want everyone else to run away so I can stay home and play with my toys and no one will bother me :wink:

stitchinMamaw 07-23-2009 03:24 AM

Amen to that :D Annie

tlrnhi 07-23-2009 04:47 AM

I'm glad you had a good time.
I'd love to run away at times.
I know where I'd go too!
There seems to be a few farms with some CUTE horses on them. That's where I'd go.
So, now if I say I'm running away...DO NOT go and look for me there! lol
I'll be there, just snoozing with the babies :) :)