Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I seriously screwed up! :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-seriously-screwed-up-t170269.html)

cmw0829 11-29-2011 10:13 AM

Sorry to hear that. What a pain.

When I do something like this (which is more often than I'd like to admit), in my head, I'm saying "Edit, Undo". But it doesn't work!!!!!

Guess I'm spending too much time using Microsoft Office applications.

amandasgramma 11-29-2011 10:26 AM

I'm with others --- find or buy some border fabric and say that you PLANNED it this way!!! LOL Sorry --- I've done some of the same things. One friend says to me that there is NOTHING I could do wrong that she hasn't already done!!!

Lori S 11-29-2011 10:29 AM

I would look to see if I could find some fabric in the same collection and work from that ... I would really do just about anything to avoid ripping that amount of perfectly good stitiches.

LindaM49 11-29-2011 10:53 AM

Well...your problem is a lot worse than mine not being able to find my new package of rotary blades. I really DO feel bad for you. I completed (or so I thought) the bag for my son's girlfriend for Christmas. When I turned it right side out...I had sewn the handles on wrong and they were down inside between the lining and the bag. I will say that the person who wrote the pattern for her book did NOT give very good/explicit directions. The bag is still sitting here waiting for me to figure out how to rip out just the straps without a big hassle and me cursing the bag the whole time I am ripping.

I'm not that experienced at quilting but have sewn forever and ripping out anything is horrible. So...I would do like most have said...get other fabric for the blocks and border.

momto4 11-29-2011 01:13 PM

That is a really good idea. I didnt think about any of that. I just thought OH MAN that is a LOT to take out. I will go through my scraps and fabric see what I can come up with. My quilting store closed so my only option for fabric now is to order online or to go to Joanns and get something, but I might have something that works. I might just do more dark and less squares in between. I do have some that I have already taken apart but that would save me from doing the rest and I might just use the leftovers for placemats or possibly a lap quilt if I have enough for someone for Christmas. Thanks again for all of your support. <3 this board and all of the lovely quilters on it!!

mcdaniel023 11-29-2011 01:24 PM

That much unsewing would get that project stuck in the closet for sure. I hope you can figure something out. Good luck!

Bobbielinks 11-29-2011 01:24 PM

I have a granddaughter who loves ripping out! If you were closer I'd send her over.

Jingle 11-29-2011 01:30 PM

I'm with most others, I would not rip that much, I would come up with a different design and try harder next time to make it the right way.

Doreen 11-29-2011 01:38 PM

I hate to rip stitches out. I would try to find a solution for the borders. Where there is a will there is a way. Yes, lack of sleep does it every time. Good luck with whatever you do.

Yarn or Fabric 11-30-2011 04:11 AM

Ouch. I'm so sorry :( I agree with Doreen - I'd try to figure out something else for the borders. I really hate ripping! I'm notorious for setting aside stuff like that and moving on lol. I just hate hate hate ripping.