Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   IDT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/idt-t126165.html)

Marysewfun 05-28-2011 10:13 AM

I have a Pfaff 2054 that has the IDT and I leave it engaged 99% of the time - I just love it - especially when sewing clothing, I know I am going to get good, even seams. My Brother Sew/Emb machine (from Walmart) doesn't have it and I notice the difference but it is still a good little machine. I just choose my machine preference for whatever it is I am making.

purplefiend 05-28-2011 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by fatquarters
Built in feed dogs. Phaff machines have it. I LOVE mine
It's the reason I have a phaff. works great and easy to use

not built in feed dogs, but rather a built in walking foot. I have 2 Pfaffs that have the IDT and they are wonderful for quilting,
piecing quilts and making garments and anything else. All of my quilt blocks go together nicely and the top layer doesn't get ahead of the bottom piece.
I have Pfaffs 1222E and 2040, both very good machines.

purplefiend 05-28-2011 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by dixiechunk
For the most part I love my Pfaff but it will most certainly not sew over thick seams like the denim in this video. Sometimes it struggles over "normal" seams.

Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
Integrated dual transportation. Here's a video from Pfaff that shows how it works.

http://www.homesewing.co.uk/video/ex...f-idt-feed.htm

my Pfaffs sew over heavier seams with no problems at all.

Navy Wife 05-28-2011 10:54 AM

[quote=dixiechunk]For the most part I love my Pfaff but it will most certainly not sew over thick seams like the denim in this video. Sometimes it struggles over "normal" seams. [quote=Scrap Happy]Integrated dual transportation. Here's a video from Pfaff that shows how it works.

Are you using a denim needle and the right sized thread in bobbin and on top? I've never had any problem with mine sewing denim. My first Pfaff was a 1471 with IDT. Now have the CV.

featherweight 05-28-2011 11:44 AM

[quote=Navy Wife][quote=dixiechunk]For the most part I love my Pfaff but it will most certainly not sew over thick seams like the denim in this video. Sometimes it struggles over "normal" seams.

Integrated dual transportation. Here's a video from Pfaff that shows how it works.

Are you using a denim needle and the right sized thread in bobbin and on top? I've never had any problem with mine sewing denim. My first Pfaff was a 1471 with IDT. Now have the CV.

I certainly have never had a problem with my 7570 sewing over any thickness. Of course I would never sew any leather with it, that is what our old machines are for. :thumbup:

eparys 05-28-2011 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by pipp5
So is that basically like a walking foot?

Yup - but better!! Is is "small", efficient and built in. Nothing to attach. I just watched a YouTube on the Janome Accufeed - looks just like the IDT. I have two Pfaffs with IDT - Love them both!

There are actually several feet that use this system on the Pfaff - so it is not just a wide foot or quilting foot. I have a clear 1/4" foot w/IDT that I do all of my piecing with.

dixiechunk 05-28-2011 11:55 AM

Maybe some confusion here with postings from multiple people.
I made the little denim and bandana cowboy vest bib (thanks kalady!) and I had a devil of a time doing the topstitching where the two vest pieces overlap. Other than that I don't think I have ever sewn with denim. So, no I didn't use a denim needle. I was simply saying that even sewing blocks together or rows of blocks together my Pfaff struggles where multiple seams come together.[quote=featherweight][quote=Navy Wife]

Originally Posted by dixiechunk
For the most part I love my Pfaff but it will most certainly not sew over thick seams like the denim in this video. Sometimes it struggles over "normal" seams.

I certainly have never had a problem with my 7570 sewing over any thickness. Of course I would never sew any leather with it, that is what our old machines are for. :thumbup:

ShirlR 05-28-2011 11:56 AM

I'm really happy to hear such positive comments on the Pfaff machines from you folks. I just purchased a Pfaff Expression 4.0 with the additional Fab-U-Motion with stitch regulator. Since I am a beginner, I thought I would need all the help I can get to learn and do FMQ,LOL! After purchasing, and awaiting delivery, I read some very negative comments on the web about the 1/4" foot not being accurate, the stitches curving off to the right, left, etc. Upon seeing a demo, I was really impressed with the IDT, although I have used the walking foot on my Babylock for a stitch-in-the ditch quilting project with no problem. This is my first Pfaff; I have a Babylock for embroidery and other sewing projects. I just received my machine yesterday and haven't yet taken it out of the box.

featherweight 05-28-2011 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by ShirlR
I'm really happy to hear such positive comments on the Pfaff machines from you folks. I just purchased a Pfaff Expression 4.0 with the additional Fab-U-Motion with stitch regulator. Since I am a beginner, I thought I would need all the help I can get to learn and do FMQ,LOL! After purchasing, and awaiting delivery, I read some very negative comments on the web about the 1/4" foot not being accurate, the stitches curving off to the right, left, etc. Upon seeing a demo, I was really impressed with the IDT, although I have used the walking foot on my Babylock for a stitch-in-the ditch quilting project with no problem. This is my first Pfaff; I have a Babylock for embroidery and other sewing projects. I just received my machine yesterday and haven't yet taken it out of the box.

Congratulations on your new baby. You will love love it!!! :thumbup:

Marysewfun 05-28-2011 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by ShirlR

When you do (take it out of the box) you will fall in love with it!! :D