Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If your machine was a car... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-your-machine-car-t92645.html)

sewTinker 01-21-2011 08:44 PM

well... we Do have a model A in our garage, which would be my featherweight. And then there's the horse & buggy that I don't actually own, which would be my gr'ma's treadle (which I've never used). And then there's my, ummm,,, gee - I'm so not a car person,,, a camry? maybe? which would be my bernina 160 - which is a totally reliable, hardworking, get-you-there-in-one-piece kind of machine. She has a great personality and she's quite patient with me.

tjradj 01-21-2011 08:54 PM

My minivan is on the dining room table. The porche is in the basement. The Bentley is in the livingroom, and the white T-bird, well she's in the hall, but she just arrived today so I haven't decided on a parking spot for her yet!

irishrose 01-21-2011 08:56 PM

My Elna is very much like my Buick LeSabres. Trusty, hard working, reliable and not very stylish. Though my 'new' Buick has way too many bells and whistles.
My 1952 Singer 128 has a shuttle so I look at her like a Model A.
My 1956 Singer 301A - a classic Chevolet BelAir.
My Kenmore - a used up old Ford - she did well in her day, but had tension problems like my Fords had door problems.
My Singer serger - a piece of junk. I won't insult anyone's car with a comparison.
Interesting question!!!

GrammaO 01-21-2011 08:57 PM

I think my Babylock is a Honda Accord....nice features,smooth ride, reliable. My serger would be more along the lines of a Geo Metro. Inexpensive, no frills but gets the job done.

Carron 01-21-2011 08:58 PM

Mercedes Benz (mighty Brother)

Mitch's mom 01-21-2011 09:00 PM

I have a few machines but my "Go to" machine is a Pfaff 138 industrial. He is a Kenworth 18 wheeler. My Featherweight is a Mini Cooper and my Brother PC6500 Embroidery Machine is a Chevy Van.

Airwick156 01-21-2011 09:06 PM

I got a Putt-Putt Car (volkswagen) or a Brother XL2600. It just putts right along. Someday I am going to have a Jaguar. (Even if I have to just paint it to look like one. LOL)

Airwick156 01-21-2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
My Elna is very much like my Buick LeSabres. Trusty, hard working, reliable and not very stylish. Though my 'new' Buick has way too many bells and whistles.
My 1952 Singer 128 has a shuttle so I look at her like a Model A.
My 1956 Singer 301A - a classic Chevolet BelAir.
My Kenmore - a used up old Ford - she did well in her day, but had tension problems like my Fords had door problems.
My Singer serger - a piece of junk. I won't insult anyone's car with a comparison.
Interesting question!!!

Better known as "The Clunker"?? hehe

earthwalker 01-21-2011 09:13 PM

Guess I have a horse and cart (treadle) and a lovely classic Jaguar (Pinnock) and whatever was generic, plastic and boring in the 80's (1980's Kmart Singer).

Bottle Blonde 01-21-2011 09:18 PM

Mine is the VW New Beetle! A little plain, rather curvy, with just enough features to be interesting but not overwhelming. Starts everyday,runs smooth,can be pretty zippy when you need it to, handles tight curves well and is fun fun fun to drive!