Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm embarrassed! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-embarrassed-t217645.html)

Cyn 03-29-2013 03:33 PM

I've been quilting off and on for years and years and the other day I made a rag quilt for a twin bed and all the sudden realized it was all wonky. Upon investigation, I cut some blocks way off so nothing matches. I just finished it and threw it on the couch cause the fabric was stuff I had been collecting for a long time to make this quilt. Anyway, it's soft, warm and colorful. Everyone fights over it-lol. It happens. :)

noveltyjunkie 03-29-2013 03:56 PM

Why on earth would you be embarrassed? Your 3 year old surely does not care. You' ve got to start somewhere!

CorgiNole 03-29-2013 05:32 PM

Every quilt I make teaches me something about quilting. So far my 2 and 4 year old nephews have been the beneficiaries as I know they won't notice/judge the mistakes. I'm sure your son loves his quilt and that is what is most important.

Cheers, K

DebbE 03-29-2013 05:38 PM

Quilts are gifts of love, short and simple. Your son will forever treasure his gift from his mom, you can be sure of it! Pat yourself on the back for a job well done, in pleasing your son, and go on to the next quilt!

Sierra 03-29-2013 05:41 PM

WHAT! You dared to make a quilt before you were an expert quilt maker?????

Wait a minute.... what's wrong with that statement.....

sweetpea 03-29-2013 05:52 PM

It was made with LOVE that is all the counts. just keep quilting and you will find thing that work better for you. HAPPY QUILTING

littlehud 03-29-2013 05:53 PM

My quilts are far from perfect but they are all loved. That's the most important thing.

GreatStarter 03-29-2013 06:32 PM

Don't ever put yourself or your quilting down! That said, your son will love his quilt. Be proud of it. Congratulations on finishing your first quilt and for learning to use a sewing machine also. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your quilts.

Kat

Nammie to 7 03-29-2013 06:36 PM

Practice makes perfect - each quilt you make will have "mistakes" in it - don't worry about it. People will only notice if you point out the areas in question. Most people look at the big picture and never notice the little glitches. In one class I took the instructor had an award winning quilt - until she pointed out an error no one, even the judges, noticed that one area of the quilt was pieced incorrectly. It happens to all of us.

Retired Fire Chief 03-30-2013 02:48 AM

Congrats on your first quilt. We all start somewhere. I think back now on my first quilt and know there were lots of mistakes but choose to dwell more on how I've improved. When I comment on my boo boos with who I consider expert quilters they all say nothing is perfect, so my imperfections are becoming less important. Keep at it, regardless of the boo boos, it is so rewarding and down right fun and you meet the nicest people who share the love of quilting.