Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm married to a prince! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-married-prince-t142770.html)

KathyAire 08-05-2011 05:34 AM

I don't 'have' to hide fabric from my husband. But, he doesn't 'have' to know how much fabric I have either. :)

We both worked hard. We both have nice retirements. We both buy whatever we want.

He still doesn't need to see fabric overflowing in my quilting room. Sometimes I'm embarrassed to see it myself.

KathyAire 08-05-2011 05:34 AM

I got trigger happy and double clicked. Sorry.

I don't 'have' to hide fabric from my husband. But, he doesn't 'have' to know how much fabric I have either. :)

We both worked hard. We both have nice retirements. We both buy whatever we want.

He still doesn't need to see fabric overflowing in my quilting room. Sometimes I'm embarrassed to see it myself.

nyelphaba 08-05-2011 05:40 AM

I do not hide any purchases from my husband.

blueangel 08-05-2011 05:41 AM

I'm single so don't have to hide anything, but I think it's wonderful that all of you have husbands that go along with your passion.

lisalovesquilting 08-05-2011 05:47 AM

I don't have to hide anything. He usually doesn't pay much attention to it at all. Sometimes at Christmas I'll receive a gift cert. to the LQS. He doesn't have to hide his purchases from me either. We both worked, are now retired. I feel sad for those who feel they must hide things from their spouses.

hannajo 08-05-2011 05:47 AM

I don't hide anything. We're both thrifty when it comes to money so we don't have too much conflict there. It makes me happy to see him enjoy sports as much as he does. And I think it makes him just as happy to see me happily quilting. If I really thought he would be against a purchase would think twice about it.

A few months ago he came home and mentioned he spent $60 at the horse racing track with his dad. I said, "Good, because that's how much I spent on my new cutting mat."

As far as going to LQS with me to pick stuff out? I think both of us would rather go to the dentist.

sweetpea 08-05-2011 05:49 AM

Mt mother-in-law get my hocked so DH dose not say MUCH.

buslady 08-05-2011 05:51 AM

I have been known to hide, but really don't have to. He will sometimes make a comment that do I REALLY need that? But he knows the answer so I don't even have to say it. Actually, he will go in with me and help pick out fabrics. He went to the city on Tuesday and I asked him, tounge in cheek, to run in somewhere and get me some sewing machine needles. I really didn't think he would do it, but I got a call, he was whispering so noone in Joannes could hear him asking me which pkg to get. LOL Of course, the other think I asked him to pick up was deodorant, and he forgot that! My newest obsession, vintage machines, took a little longer, but he has been bitten by that bug too.

amandasgramma 08-05-2011 05:52 AM

I don't!!! He waits in the car for me sometimes. If I let him come in the store he insists I buy MORE!!! Right now he's trying to get me to buy the computer part for my longarm. I just can't justify spending $8000.!!!! HE wants to play with it!!! :mrgreen: Took a 3rd marriage to find such a gem!!!! :thumbup:

Gatormom3 08-05-2011 06:01 AM

I'm one of the lucky ones and don't hide what I buy. We've been married 44 years and guess he knows by now that I'm going to use most of what I purchase, EVENTUALLY! :-)