Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm married to a prince! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-married-prince-t142770.html)

sylviak 08-05-2011 06:47 AM

My DH is also very supportive, and not just with fabric (although I don't go overboard), because he built me this quilting shed! He is ALWAYS complimentary of my projects and tells everyone about my quilting.

SewExtremeSeams 08-05-2011 06:52 AM

Emerald46 took the word right out of my mouth... my DH is a King and that is not to trump anyone who said their DH is their prince.

We have been married for 7 years and since he began courting me he has always treated me like a Queen, so he must be my King!

Once I was telling someone that my then fiancee treats me like a Queen and my 10 year old GS said, "but, Grandma, you ARE a Queen." :-D :-D :-D

We based our relationship on trust and honestly and hiding from him would hurt me mostly and also him. Visa versa also. We enjoy each other's hobbies. I love and appreciate the furniture and segmented wooden bowls he creates and he enjoys all the steps of my sewing/quilting. :-D

Granny Quilter 08-05-2011 06:54 AM

I don't, I am alone

Vicki W 08-05-2011 06:55 AM

My DH does what I call "fussing to brag". He fusses but he is glad he can do it. (he uses the same technique about paying for the DDs college and weddings) He doesn't mind the fabric and supplies at all. I just give him a kiss and a thank you and all is right in the world.

Actually right now, he is getting a lot of comfort from the fabric and quilting because his mother just passed and she was always quilting too. His current "fuss" you are going to have a pile of fabric just like Mama. <gotta love him>

Dianemarie 08-05-2011 06:59 AM

I have a GREAT DH; sometimes he spots a Quilt Shop before I do ! He has gone also to quilt shows with me when we are traveling. Not local ones. He enjoys what others are making as well. I started when our son was in high school welding trying to understand his projects and related it to quilting and then they understood. It makes for good conversation and understanding.

Ladyjanedoe 08-05-2011 07:02 AM

I don't have to hide what I buy. There was a time when I was spending a ridiculous amount of money on quilt related items. I had a fleeting moment where I thought about hiding things but then I realized that the bank statements would tell the tale anyway. The problem wouldn't be my husband asking where the money went , but me feeling guilty ( deservedly so!) for buying too much crap.

I made the conscientious effort to stop buying everything on a whim. Now, I will spend some money here and there but I never feel embarrassed and want to hide it .The decisions are good ones, rooted in what I really might need and not the simple thrill in buying.

Jingle 08-05-2011 07:03 AM

Not hiding anthing here, my Husband is checking near by Wal Marts on his travels to see if they have fabrics back yet. He knows I love making quilts and having lots of fabric choices.

Chasing Hawk 08-05-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1
So many of you talk about hiding your fabric purchases from your DH. I show my husband all the fabrics I buy and he even goes with me to the annual quilt show! He loves to see me happy so he indulges my passion. I am SO blessed. Of course, I don't go crazy when buying fabric - mostly buy for each project.

How many of you DON'T have to hide your stash from your DH?

I don't, my husband shoves me into the fabric shops and says have fun!!

MellieKQuilter 08-05-2011 07:20 AM

Not married, but dont hide a thing from my BF... he is a total enabler!! :) LOVE HIM!

BellaBoo 08-05-2011 07:34 AM

I would never spend more then we could afford so if I ever had to stop and think would DH get upset or make a snide remark if he sees the fabric I bought, he would not be my DH. Who would want a spouse like that anyway?