Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm So Excited! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-so-excited-t32991.html)

granny216 01-03-2010 04:27 AM

Keep going girl. I'm so excited for you as we all remember that first block. Have a wonderful New Year and more blocks.

barnbum 01-03-2010 04:39 AM

Congrats!! Some day I should post a photo of my first quilt (I just had to mend it for my 19 year old daughter who loves it.). It's, um, UGLY and so poorly put together. It's going to need a lot more mending. When I see the firsts on this forum they are so so so so far ahead of my first.

Quilting will enchance your life--so go make another one. :-D

Ninnie 01-03-2010 04:42 AM

I remember that feeling!! How great it is, and it is a BIG thing. :-D
Keep on going, and when you get that first row done, you will be crowing!!!!
So happy for you, and welcome to the world of addicted quilters. There is no cure, and we will enable you as much as we can! :-D

eparys 01-03-2010 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

Originally Posted by Paintbrushbrown
I know all you "seasoned" quilters will not think this is much, but I just made my very first block!!!

of course it's MUCH!!!

if there could be only one most exciting thing for "seasoned" quilters, it would be sharing the joy with brand new quilters. :-)

What a perfect reply,Patrice. Paintbrushbrown - take a picture of it and share it!! Congratulations!!

crkathleen 01-03-2010 05:12 AM

WooHoo!!! Way to go Marilyn!

Bevanger 01-03-2010 05:25 AM

i can feel your excitement. i think your hooked kiddo :-D :-D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

pocoellie 01-03-2010 05:33 AM

Sounds like you're on a roll. You'll have your first quilt done in no time. Don't forget to show pictures.

Darlene 01-03-2010 06:04 AM

I still get excited when I see a pieced block come together the way it is supposed to look. I guess I have learned some tricks to help me on here and other places.

Elisabrat 01-03-2010 06:15 AM

It is a pretty amazing moment when you realize.. Hey! I can do this!!! Congratulations!!! It is unfortunately a disorder in which you will find you need to do more.. and more and.. well it doesnt go away it only gets worse over time. I have it, everyone here has it and the longer you spend time here the firmer hold it will get on you. Luckily its not fattening at all or I would be in serious trouble. Show us a picture!!! and keep up the good work.

Oklahoma Suzie 01-03-2010 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Paintbrushbrown
I know all you "seasoned" quilters will not think this is much, but I just made my very first block!!! No...not quilt...block. This is all new to me and I am thrilled to get started. One of my goals was to learn to quilt and I have started...Jan 2! Yay! I made some half square triangles and put them together and I also made a hexagon flower...you know, like the Grandmother's Flower Garden. I love hand work and someone had given me a little kit. I decided now was the time! I can hardly wait for tomorrow to do more!

Well Congrats. We all started that way, keep it up. You are on your way to making a quilt.