Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Inherited Embroidery machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/inherited-embroidery-machine-t94122.html)

bgullett 01-26-2011 06:57 PM

You will love. Ideas are endless especially when you add things to your quilts with it.

Grandma Peg 01-26-2011 07:32 PM

Welcome from WI. Have fun with the embroidery machine.

KwiltyKahy 01-26-2011 07:47 PM

There are lots and lots and lots of ME designs available and a lot of them are free. Check out Embroidery Library. Their designs stitch out nicely and are reasonably priced. They have some free designs every month and always have sales going. It's great.

Originally Posted by Wendy Keys
Hi, this is my first post. I recently inherited from MDF a Bernina 600 Deco. I'm excited to learn how to use this machine. My friend just found the instruction book and gave it to me yesterday. I burned the midnight oil reading it. Since this will be my first experience in using an embroidery machine I have much to learn. I told my DH if anyone is looking for me he will know where I'll be. I need to get some thread, stabilizer, etc. though. Until I can do that I plan to familiarize myself with the different functions of the machine. I don't know how old the machine is but my friend was using it just prior to gifting it to me. I spent the day with her yesterday, helping her organize her sewing room. She has 4 machines and many, many discs for each one. I organized all the discs for each machine and was in hog heaven looking at all the different patterns.

JLMiller 01-26-2011 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
You will love it and find you are constantly looking for presents for the machine. Depending on what format your machine uses you can get more designs for it from lots of locations. It can get addictive and become a very expensive hobby. I have had a machine since the early 90s. I am now on my third machine and still finding presents for it. If you lived near me I would be glad to share.

lol... they are addicting.. I live in Iowa... where are you located at... maybe sharing patterns??? hummmm lol

quiltingaz 01-26-2011 10:02 PM

Very addicting. I just started in Nov. and already have quite a collection of patterns and thread. Love embroiderylibrary.com

Jim 01-26-2011 10:41 PM

WOW what a nice gift congrats

leatheflea 01-27-2011 03:23 AM

I've had my embroidery machine for about 4 years. It really comes in handy. Im currently using it to quilt my latest quilt top. Time consuming but I like the outcome. When I first got it I wanted to embroider everything I could get my hands on, bathroom towels, kitchien towels, cutains. My kids were teenagers, had they been little I would have embroidered every shirt they had. They wouldnt let me as teenagers..darn kids. Have fun, it is an addictive and expensive hobby, but I think its a healthy hobby. First tip, Ive used, used downy sheets for stabilizer works great! Embroidery library has alot of how to tutes and projects, stabalizer information and 2 free designs every month. Once you buy from them, even if its only a dollar the next month you qualify for a special sell. They email you a code, usually half off or more! Have fun playing!

NanaJan 01-27-2011 04:10 AM

Check out sewforum.com! They have an embroidery section that helped me immensely when I was getting started. It is definitely addictive.

craftmama 01-27-2011 06:38 AM

good website for free embroidery designs is:
www.embroidables.com
They usually have at least 1 free design in each group of designs. You just have to open and look for the free ones.

pieces 01-27-2011 06:56 AM

Machine embroidery is adictive. There are sooo many designs
available. I love making quilts with embroidery blocks.
There is a lot of stuff to buy. I would recommend Isacord thread. My Bernina dealer suggested this thread when I purchased my Bernina. Have fun and enjoy. :thumbup: