Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Inmate Quilting Program (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/inmate-quilting-program-t58281.html)

Holice 08-11-2010 03:27 PM

Kathy: May I duplicate and share your story with others.

Holice

QuiltswithConvicts 08-11-2010 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Holice
Kathy: May I duplicate and share your story with others.

Holice

Sure! Thanks for taking an interest. I love what I do and, as I said, I like to brag on these men.

pattral 08-11-2010 08:32 PM

It just goes to show you the world is full of some wonderful people and you should never judge a book by its cover.

You are an amazing person to do so much for so many others.

OneMoreQuilt 08-11-2010 09:23 PM

This is a wonderful program. It is doing much good for the inmates besides producing the beautiful quilts.

katsewnsew 08-12-2010 02:36 AM

You are definitely an Angel to these men! I loved your story! The quilts are beautiful, tell the guys, "Rock On". They are doing a wonderful job. There should be more of these programs in other prisons. Thanks so much for your service to them and your community! God Bless you all!

martapr 09-02-2010 07:47 PM

Wow... i'm so impressed w/your service to the inmates. You're doing a great job and what beautiful quilts! Bless you!

QuiltswithConvicts 09-02-2010 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by martapr
Wow... i'm so impressed w/your service to the inmates. You're doing a great job and what beautiful quilts! Bless you!

Thanks! I can truly say, "I love my job!" Not many can say that.

Kathy

FranW 09-02-2010 08:52 PM

WOW! Thank you and please thank the "Quilt Techs". You are all touching so many lives - what a wonderful idea!

wolfkitty 09-02-2010 09:11 PM

It's wonderful to hear of positive things like this happening in a prison. It's a great program! Glad the warden took the initial chance to give it a try! Thanks for sharing the story

QuiltswithConvicts 09-05-2010 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
Please put up some kind of link to a website or articles about your prison's quilt festival.
I travel that-a-way now and then, and would love to see it.

The Quilt Festival is presented by the Western Heritage Museum here in Hobbs. I usually save the "best" quilts that are turned in during the year and bring them for display. The quilts remain hanging for 1 month. The effort to hang an exhibit is enormous, so we let them live there that long. This is also a time when there isn't much else going on, except tourists, so it's a good time for the Festival. Every other year we have guest speakers an dendors, but this year we had a make-it-and-take-it workshop for anyone who was there. We even got a guy (husband) who really got into the whole quilting thing!!! He was so proud of his little 4-patch quilt he made. We were too!

The Festival is usually held from the middle of June to the middle of July. I don't know when it will be next year, yet.

Kathy