Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Insane Sales at Hancock Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/insane-sales-hancock-fabric-t186488.html)

Beehiveof9 04-20-2012 08:50 AM

Nice! I have the same problem at certain stores around here, and I understand your plight. But hey, we're quilters! What can one expect? Love the fabric!

kittenquilts 04-20-2012 08:50 AM

Beautiful fabrics! I especially like the woodland one and your coordinating fat quarters. Have been wavering on going over there today. Now I'm decided!

carolynjo 04-20-2012 10:19 AM

Good job! My Hancock flier came today but won't be able to get there for the sale; too short notice.

QM 04-20-2012 10:25 AM

My DH just rolls his eyes when I tell him I have to go in for ONE item. On the other hand, he feels free to tell me he wants to send lap quilts to residents (and one staff member) of the rehab hospital he was in for his stroke.

burchquilts 04-20-2012 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5151423)
Great sale! I saw a picture of one fabric and had to have it, just that one design. When I found the whole line well, $170 later, it's on my way to me as I type. LOL I give myself Christmas many times a year.

GMTA! I was just thinking about this before I logged on today. The mailman came with 2 (more) packages of fabric for me. I just can't help myself (it's all I can do right now not to sign off & go straight to Hancock's!)! But, I rationalize it by the fact that it's my only vice... I don't smoke or drink or do drugs or gamble or cheat on my DH plus it's cheaper than therapy, so what's to feel guilty about? I know I'll never use it all but that's not why I buy it. I get it because it makes me happy & that's enough reason for me! So, Merry Xmas to all of us April 20th (& any other day we get goodies... LOL!)!!!

And BTW... don't look on the Green Fairy Quilt shop site if you're susceptible to sales (ditto Fabric Depot).

<!-- end of AOLMsgPart_1_a8df2476-4229-4c9c-8463-0e510f6395ad -->

EvelynJ 04-20-2012 11:07 AM

"acquired idiosyncrasy associated with quilting" that does sound so much better. Very nice, good thinking, MacThayer!
I feel so relieved. When my significant other came home and asked about what I had done, I told him what had happened. As I expected he did not understand that spending $19.52 for my entire purchase with a savings of $15 due to the sales, made the purchase a must. My boy just don't understand!

jodyma 04-20-2012 12:54 PM

Wow, I just returned home from the Raleigh, NC Hancocks' and they certainely had some awesome sales. There was some fabric marked 70%. I am working on a block of the month and I just went in to buy two block kits. When I got to the register they rang up 4.97 rather that 7.99. I went back and bought the rest of my blocks(8) and the finishing kit which was marked from 49.99 to 29.99. I have about $100.00 in the quilt.

Helen S 04-20-2012 01:00 PM

Love the fabrics! YES, YES, YESSSSS! I have this disease also! Do you have a cure? I'm thinking to just keep sewing and it will go away...when I die! lol

Joann's is about 3 minutes from my house and for the life of me I cannot go out without going in that direction. I believe my vehicle is on auto pilot when it backs out of the garage!

The best thing about Joann's is that the receipt always shows how much I saved. DH is in AWE of that, so I haven't told him that nearly EVERYTHING is on sale every day at Joann's. Does the rule of thumb "if it's not broken, don't fix it" apply to those receipts? Maybe so. ;) I may need to move him into the guest room soon to make room for all the great buy's I've been getting. hmmm

mimiof4 04-20-2012 01:05 PM

Glad to know there are others with this "so called" condition if I go alone, it seems to really be activated, if DH goes and is in the car then it seems to stay under control better,HA, HA

pattym47 04-20-2012 01:11 PM

I had to respond to this one and share. Last Saturday, I went to one of my favorite quilt stores to get a pattern with my husband in tow. Well, I got the pattern and decided I needed a companion fabric, oh and another fabric that was just so pretty and a table runner kit and signed up for a class this Saturday. My husband standing next to me while I paid wanted to know why I was buying more fabric and when was he going to see some more completed projects. He just doesn't understand that if I like something I need to buy it when I see it or I'll miss out. I bought more fabric this week at Joann's and brought it into the house when he was away. :)