Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Interesting Experience with Fabric Depot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/interesting-experience-fabric-depot-t182764.html)

catmcclure 03-14-2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by An Arm Long (Post 5059403)
How many of us save the receipts. I do check my bank statements and credit card statements, but I think it pays to save the receipts - and I will from now on.

Every time I order something on line, I get a confirmation email. I store that email in a folder called "Merchandise Ordered." That way, it's there and I can check everything off, even if it's months later.

valsma 03-14-2012 03:35 PM

Glad you were able to figure out the discrepency. I've never been to the physical store but shop their online store a lot. The last two time I have oredered there have been some minor issues with getting the fabric I ordered when it is a sale fabric. Since I get email notifications for their sales, I usally do my purchase the same day the sale starts if there is something I want. It seems their process time for orders has gotten longer than it used to be. Luckily once it has been processed, it still only takes a day or two to get here.

Prism99 03-14-2012 03:40 PM

You know, it's possible also that this was fraud. Someone I know goes over her credit card statements in detail monthly, and she noticed a gas station amount that was off by $20. She went to the bank manager, who looked at the surveillance tapes in the store. Turned out that the cashier was adding money onto customer receips and pocketing the difference. (Sorry, I don't know exactly how it was done, but I do know that this actually happened.) I'm sure there are real errors also, but it's important not to rule out theft just because it's a credit card.

CherryPie 03-14-2012 03:59 PM

Thank you for the heads up. I do all my ordering from FD online. I do save all my receipts when I use my debit card but I have to admit I don't when I use my CC. I will definitely be more careful.

BellaBoo 03-14-2012 04:02 PM

The same mistake that happens more then twice at the same store will never see me again.

momto5 03-14-2012 04:23 PM

I've ordered from them a few times, and I must say the last order has been a total mess. I had ordered in Jan or Feb, order came right away and was great. Then on March 1, I put in a BIG order. A week later, I called to ask if they had received it 'cause the debit hadn't cleared my checking account yet, and or course, no order had shown up at my house yet. So the next day I got a "tracking" notice from UPS saying my order would be delivered March 15. March 15th??? This is NOT acceptable and I'm afraid I won't be using them again...when I order fabric it's because I need it, not because I'm longing for something to pet. That's too bad, the quality was good and they answered my questions regarding the order, but that doesn't add up to good customer service in my book. Just sayin'...

mucky 03-14-2012 05:47 PM

Yes I have had trouble,during the batik sale getting what i ordered and having it sent in a timely manner.

echoemb 03-15-2012 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 (Post 5060490)
You know, it's possible also that this was fraud. Someone I know goes over her credit card statements in detail monthly, and she noticed a gas station amount that was off by $20. She went to the bank manager, who looked at the surveillance tapes in the store. Turned out that the cashier was adding money onto customer receips and pocketing the difference. (Sorry, I don't know exactly how it was done, but I do know that this actually happened.) I'm sure there are real errors also, but it's important not to rule out theft just because it's a credit card.

Watch out for the Cash back buttons also. Clerks have been known to select cash back on their side of the register and then pocket the money. Most customers don't check their receipts and they get away from it for a long time.

onaemtnest 03-15-2012 05:49 AM

Thank-you Sheila for posting this. I have shopped online Fabric Depot and your experience makes me wonder if I may have been over charged or undercharged, not with just this company but other companies as well. Human error is always a possibility as this no doubt was a fat fingered mistake.

Point well taken that we do ourselves a possible injustice by not checking our statements against receipts.

onaemtnest 03-15-2012 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by CherryPie (Post 5060548)
Thank you for the heads up. I do all my ordering from FD online. I do save all my receipts when I use my debit card but I have to admit I don't when I use my CC. I will definitely be more careful.

I too use to use my Debit Card when ordering online. Then a while back the Today Show had a segment warning that if you use your Debit Cards online you DO NOT have the same protections that Credit Cards give you in contesting a charge should there be a problem.

Just food for thought to check with your bank...that if your Debit Card # should be hijacked by unscrupulous clerk and they could potentially wipe out your bank account.