Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Interesting quilted dolls (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/interesting-quilted-dolls-t22769.html)

Maride 07-14-2009 01:08 PM

Wow!

Don't look at the dolls for once and look at the quilt behind them. Is beautiful! It attracted me more than the dolls.

grammatjr 07-14-2009 01:19 PM

Though I thought they were interesting, I didn't really care much for them either - especially the stick parts.

But, they did sort of remind me of Jim Shore pieces, and I really love his stuff. Why then did this not appeal so much? I think becuase there needs to be a little more cuddliness or softness to them.

You could make a doll head/torso, then put on quilted dresses. Maybe long and flowing like a Christening gown. Add some wings to make it your quilting angel. Hang it on the door of your quilting room, or on the wall above your sewing machine as a good luck charm.

Name it and give it a story (like they say so and so saint is the one who watches over people in such and such situations). For example: Mary is the the one who watches over your swatches at night, or Sandra patiently rips out the seams that aren't 1/4", etc.

For such tiny skirts, guess we could always use Rhonda Woodsmall's templates for our blocks - right?

It might be a fun swap. I have some simple doll patterns...........

pittsburgpam 07-14-2009 03:31 PM

They remind me of the crochet'd dolls my grandmother used to make that go over toilet paper rolls and sit on the back of the toilet.

Yarn or Fabric 07-14-2009 04:06 PM

I love the artistic part of it but it is sooOOOooo not me. I design stuffed dolls and these make me think that they got run over by a semi truck lol. But artistically I appreciate them but I don't see me making one like that - uh, ever.

sewjoyce 07-14-2009 04:22 PM

Personally, I thought they were pretty darn ugly -- and did you see the one that was $220??????

littlehud 07-14-2009 06:16 PM

Interesting, but not my thing.

mhuskins1 03-19-2011 04:31 AM

They are pretty in their own way, and I find them interesting !!!!
Art from nature !!!!!
I like some more than others !!!
Thanks for the link !!!!

abdconsultant 03-19-2011 04:44 AM

i couldn't see them went to site no pics of dolls came up........

mhuskins1 03-19-2011 05:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Mary Jane Butler, she also has a face book page , there are several photos of her work.
She is very creative !!!
I Like her work. some better than others !!!!
I do like this one alot !!!! It is made from sticks, old blue jeans, and she is a blonde......
I like the idea of using nature that is given for our pleasure !!!!
She has taken something old and made it something new !!!
A broken stick and some old scraps of blue jeans and added a little creativity and she has made a friend !!!

I find her very inspiring !!!!

Blue Jean girl
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171771[/ATTACH]

Range Walker
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171772[/ATTACH]

Sprite doll
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171773[/ATTACH]