Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's my day off! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-my-day-off-t82942.html)

twospoiledhuskies 12-15-2010 05:19 AM

Hey "Spam" sounds like you are going to have a great day!!!!
Enjoy :D

maryb119 12-15-2010 05:53 AM

Enjoy your day! You deserve a day to yourself.

sueisallaboutquilts 12-15-2010 05:55 AM

I love the no bra idea lol

Brenda M 12-15-2010 05:59 AM

Enjoy your day!! PJ's, coffee and in your "bat cave".... priceless!

Sloan Quinn 12-15-2010 06:13 AM

4 Attachment(s)
LOL! The hilarious thing about that is that I AM in my pj's and fuzzy slippers, no bra, coffee in hand.

The design for the baby quilt is set! So now I'm out here smoking my cigarette - I don't smoke in the sewing room, it's bad juju - waiting for my iron to heat up so I can start pressing and cutting.

And since someone asked...

The bed really acts more as my design board right now, because its what I have. I'm hoping to get some things hung on the wall, like a pegboard for my thread, corkboard for a "real" design board, and my rulers and such, but it's a rent house and dh is being difficult about holes in the walls. I do have a little bit more moving around I have to do - my knitting and crocheting things are moving in today, mostly so I can take the plastic set of drawers with it. The stash is hidden in various places in the room, so dh won't see how very much I actually have!

Fabric for Jigsaw Pieces baby quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143472[/ATTACH]

...and more...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143473[/ATTACH]

Bed in sewing room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143474[/ATTACH]

"My" side - still working to get dh to reapholster the chair!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143475[/ATTACH]

emsgranny 12-15-2010 06:18 AM

Sounds like you will be busy - hopefully you will get around to quilting!!!

978gray 12-15-2010 06:23 AM

Very very jealous!! Enjoy your day!!!

sewTinker 12-15-2010 06:52 AM

oooh! I think your little room looks wonderful. Clean and Clear - great for Thinking and Focusing. My quilting corner is one end of our long bedroom. It's pretty messy right now as I'm doing some frantic sewing and quilting in there; but it's tidy compared to some as it such a small spot - no room for messes. lol... And it Is a problem when we are renters - am not now, but was for many years. and you are making a JigSaw puzzle quilt? wooHOO! it is right up there at the top of my list. There's just something about the way they look that intrigues me. Want to make one for my grandboy. Can't wait to see yours...

Sloan Quinn 12-15-2010 06:55 AM

Yeah, I was looking for ideas that would be fairly quick to piece together, because I do all my quilting by hand, and the baby is due in early April. o.O I'm going to be on a tight enough schedule as it is! Then I saw the jigsaw and just knew it was right - mom will love it, and you have a lot of freedom with your fabric choices, which lets me use some of the more bold prints I know both parents enjoy.

But personally, I think my dh is just being paranoid about the hole in the wall thing...what landlord expects you not to hang pictures?!

Melinda in Tulsa 12-15-2010 08:21 AM

Try hanging a large piece of flannel or a flannel sheet and just use pushpins to hold it up. I don't rent but that is how mine is hanging.