Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I've gone over the edge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ive-gone-over-edge-t85736.html)

craftybear 12-28-2010 11:24 AM

rofl, he may never see that shirt again

Airwick156 12-28-2010 11:25 AM

Yeah because if you are commited...YOU WILL have alot of time on your hands. Just imagine how much you could really get done.

patricej 12-28-2010 11:29 AM

they don't let you bring your scissors or anything else sharp.

don't ask me how i know.

:lol:

neece 12-28-2010 11:31 AM

Yeah, I thought about being committed BUT you can't have sharp or pointy objects-no scissors, no pins or needles and no sewing machines. I worked inpatient and I realized real quick I would not do well in that environment. Plus they won't let you stay up all nite to finish a project. I grit my teeth and deal with what I have, the alternative is not what you want. :cry: :mrgreen: :XD:

QuiltingGrannie 12-28-2010 11:33 AM

I see quilt patterns, block, shapes and now I see Longarm designing graphics EVERYWHERE! I now look at fabric of all kinds on everything to see how I can longarm it!

You have not gone over the edge - you have just joined the rest of us! lol

littlehud 12-28-2010 11:40 AM

It is funny how we see quilt patterns everywhere. Just one of our things I guess.

Cyn 12-28-2010 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
I see quilt patterns, block, shapes and now I see Longarm designing graphics EVERYWHERE! I now look at fabric of all kinds on everything to see how I can longarm it!

You have not gone over the edge - you have just joined the rest of us! lol

And it's a wonderful place to be :)

catlover 12-28-2010 06:46 PM

I lived in Fall River Mills for several years. It's about 10 miles from BURNEY FALLS. We in Fall River and the town of Burney had a wonderful Quilt guild. I have many friends from there.

We moved to Oregon in 2005. But, I have some wonderful memories of FR and Burney Falls.

Cynthia

earthwalker 12-28-2010 06:49 PM

Edge...I thought it was a natural progression of quilting obsession....think I fell off it a while ago. Now my family just shake their heads and let me get on with it.

KwiltyKahy 12-28-2010 06:50 PM

It reminds me of a friend of mine's story. She needed a certain shade of blue to finish a quilt pictute. Her husband had just put on his pjs . "That's it!!!" She ran and got her scissors, cut out a hunk and finished her quilt. At least you restrained yourself until he takes it off.

Originally Posted by Parrothead
So last night DH and I were eating dinner. He had on a T-shirt from Birney Falls, CA that had a Native American design with a turned square in the center. I am looking at the design trying to figure out how I can make a quilt block of it! I had reached for a ruler to measure if it was close to 12" when I realized he would probably have me committed. I will wait until it is in the laundry! I love Native American decor so it will get done.