Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome, Pfaff, or eversewn? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-pfaff-eversewn-t310829.html)

junegerbracht 05-03-2020 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 8382520)
Welcome Ethai. I have an Eversewn Sparrow 30 and just love it. You get a lot of bang for your buck.

I too have an Eversewn. Can’t be beat for the price. I bought it to travel with - before stay in place - and it’s been great. Bought it to replace small lightweight Janome which sews well but throat is small. Either of these you won’t go wrong.

sewingpup 05-03-2020 04:31 AM

I have a passport 2.0. and it has a mind of it's own.....sometimes all the lights will come on but it just won't stitch...one other time, I was sitting there staring at it trying to figure it out...and it just took off stitching a high speed and would not stop until I pulled the plugged....I kept taking it back to the shop where it would behave beautifully for the tech and he could not trouble shot the problem....so there it sits like a dust collector....I want to get rid of it...but it has only been used a few times...and I don't want to unload it on anyone....I have thought of just giving it to someone and saying it may or may not work for you.....maybe I should give them the recycling fee at the same time....it is a dilemma....

Three Dog Night 05-03-2020 05:51 AM

When I was looking for a machine that I could easily take to classes I looked at the Eversewn Sparrow 30 and Pfaff Passport 2.0. I read online reviews and researched features offered, both were equal to what I wanted and test sewing on both were good. I bought the Passport 2.0 and have been very happy with it and unlike sewingpup it hasn't had any problems or a mind of it's own. The deciding factor was that I have a Pfaff Performance 5.0 and a Select 3.0 and the feet are interchangeable on all the machines and I am addicted to the IDT feature.

sandy l 05-04-2020 03:14 AM

I'll go with a Pfaff every time, as once you get use to the IDT, it's hard to sew without it (MHO)

petthefabric 05-04-2020 01:56 PM

I consider how close the service man is me. Eventually it needs service and I don't want to drive 2 hrs.

mic-pa 05-05-2020 07:40 AM

Janome hands down, and I have heard good reports about the Eversewn 30 Good luck with what ever you choose

Sandygirl 05-05-2020 04:40 PM

Love and adore my Janome 3160. Light and easy to travel with and take to classes. Has the the thread cutter. Quiet and smooth sewing. I have 4 Janomes.

AprilM 05-31-2020 05:04 PM

Janome 4300 QDC

I just bought the Janome 4300 QDC in mid-March (right before the pandemic) to replace my Janome Jem Platinum. Love it - this model even accepts the optic magnifier!

Austinite 06-01-2020 03:46 PM

I have a fabulous Janome and they have a machine for every budget, I've heard that Eversewn machines are excellent as well. I will echo the person upthread who said that you will never use 99 percent of the fancy stitches, for a basic machine I recommend, zig zag and stretch stitch which is helpful if you ever make clothing.

QuiltnLady1 06-02-2020 02:59 PM

Love my Janome - I take it to class and use it for piecing. I had several of the Janome Gem's but got this one because it has many of the features of my Janome 7700 without the weight. It has a thread cutter and needle up and down (which I can't live without). My friend has it and has quilted bed quilts on it 0 the biggest I have quilted is lap size/baby quilts)