Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Jo Ann's flyers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/jo-anns-flyers-t110864.html)

emsgranny 03-27-2011 05:25 AM

I live in Missouri and our calicos were not on sale either!!
One of the other things you have to watch is that if you have a coupon, make sure it comes off the highest price item - I have paid for things seperately because I have found that our JoAnns will take it off the lower priced item - not the most expensive even though the clerks say thats what it will do!!! I have a couple of receipts that I am going to take in after this sales is over to see if they will adjust price!! Also watch the end of bolt - its supposed to be 50% off the price. If that particular fabric is on sale that week its supposed to give remanent at 50% off the price that its currently selling for at that time!!

cdufur 03-27-2011 05:37 AM

The Joann's closest to my home (40 miles away) is a smaller Joann's and they did not have the 40% off the Keepsake Calicos. But I was headed to Dallas, so I stopped at a Joann's Superstore in Plano and theirs WAS 40% off. Needless to say, between it and the Kona Cotton solids I made a HAUL yesterday with my extra 25% off!!

cdufur 03-27-2011 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
When everyone (on board) was talking about % OFF their total purchase, I thought maybe I need to make a JA run. BUT when I pulled out my flyer, mine said NOTHING about % OFF total purchase. :(

It was a special coupon for 25% off total purchase. I got one through the mail plus I got one a couple of weeks ago at Joann's.

newbee 03-27-2011 06:42 AM

Our keepsake calicos were 40% off and we could use the 25% coupon on the sale price. I picked up 12 yards of fabric and a bunch of other things. All quilting tools and notions were 50% off, so applying the 25% to that was a bargain.

davis2se 03-27-2011 06:49 AM

although I'm not usually a big fan of Joann's fabrics normally, I did go yesterday with my 25% off total purchase coupon. The keepsake calicos were 40% off (Sarasota, FL store). Using several 40% and 50% coupons in addition to the 25% and the sale prices I bought a $30.00quilting book, 17 yards of fabric, 4 yds of fleece,2 yo yo makers, a seam ripper, a large thread cone box, one of those big square rulers with the slits in it for cutting strips and one other ruler. I spent $103.61 and the reciept indicated that I save over $150 off of their regular prices. If the fabric I bought quilts up well I may be changing my mind about Joanne's!!!

ann31039 03-27-2011 07:18 AM

i got a flyer last week just for the one local Joann I shop at. the coupons were marked for that store only.

BKrenning 03-27-2011 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by emsgranny
I live in Missouri and our calicos were not on sale either!!
One of the other things you have to watch is that if you have a coupon, make sure it comes off the highest price item - I have paid for things seperately because I have found that our JoAnns will take it off the lower priced item - not the most expensive even though the clerks say thats what it will do!!! I have a couple of receipts that I am going to take in after this sales is over to see if they will adjust price!! Also watch the end of bolt - its supposed to be 50% off the price. If that particular fabric is on sale that week its supposed to give remanent at 50% off the price that its currently selling for at that time!!

I was wondering about the Jefferson City store. My local store, Festus/Crystal City, is the smallest one I've ever been in and the JC store is the second smallest. I went to the new Super Joann's in Ballwin and another large but not super one in Affton and they did have the sales--unfortunately for my bank account but my stash is definitely larger.

grandma anna 03-27-2011 08:22 AM

We had the 40% coupon but no 25 and Calicos are 3.99-9.99

Blinkokr 03-27-2011 08:27 AM

Just the fat quarters were on sale, no sale on keepsake. I live in Deltona, FL so mine is the same as your mom's

KSue 03-27-2011 09:22 AM

Yes, our JoAnns here in Henderson, Nevada had 40%off plus the 25% coupon.