Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/join-me-virtual-quilt-weekend-weekend-t241080.html)

DebraK 02-16-2014 06:43 AM

Dotty, that medallion quilt is gorgeous!

Silver Needle 02-16-2014 06:48 AM

I'm joining in. I am working on finishing the binding for a quilt for my husband's aunt 97 who just moved into assisted living along with her 97 year old husband. I made a quilt for him because of a woodworking theme on the panel then made the back a pretty print with fall leaves. Thinking he'd never use it and she would get to. Oh, No, That is HIS quilt. So she gets her own at the end of the month. I haven't figured out how to put pictures on here yet. Could someone PM me and direct me to the dirrections on how to do this. Then I'll add a picture to this post.

tapper 02-16-2014 07:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, can`t get my pic to post. Nothing but blackness!!
Will try again later

tapper 02-16-2014 07:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Try again. These are ..HOPEFULLY...my 25-patch blocks.
Blurry cell phone pic...need to get a REAL camera.
May work on my Chimneys and Cornerstones this P.M.
I am at the quilting stage...hate that part of quilting but can`t afford to send it out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]462687[/ATTACH]

meanmom 02-16-2014 07:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow so many beautiful projects. I am quilting a project that I hope is finished by Wednesday It is a gift for my SIL for her 50th birthday. The purple one started with me pulling out purples to piece together for a back. Things went a little bit crazy from there and it became a quilt front. My SIL is a purple freak. She doesn't know she is getting it but has begged me for it The other one is Missouri star disappearing pinwheel. It is a donation quilt for the local pregnancy center. It just needs binding and I need it finished by the end of the month.
DebraK I had to join the paper pieced BOM. Now I will create another UFo. I love paper piecing.

IrishNY 02-16-2014 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My plan for today is to turn the strips in the picture into the other half of the blocks I need for my quilt. I spent yesterday running errands and finally getting to an art exhibit I have had on my to-do list. It was fun but back to sewing today.

ladyjane 02-16-2014 09:05 AM

i am working on a tumbling block quilt for a baby shower

Nammie to 7 02-16-2014 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by tropit (Post 6574587)
Here is what I'm working on. It's a big string quilt for the bed in my loft. I had been making all of these somber colored quilts lately, so I thought I throw together some frilly colors for a change. The scallops are only 6" in diameter. I'm not so sure I can bind them properly, but I'll give it a shot.
~ Cindy

I would think those would be hard to bind!! I've seen that shape done with two pieces sewn together, turned and then sewn on. Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

calla 02-16-2014 09:39 AM

What a great idea, wish my sewing room was ready I hope you offer this again and I can join in. Calla. I have been stuck on my sewing room, had made progress but hit a dead in- .........too overwhelming

calla 02-16-2014 09:46 AM

DebraK.............the cards make me speechless........calla