Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just can't get moving (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-cant-get-moving-t123381.html)

coachmatthewsvhs 05-16-2011 05:36 PM

Sometimes I just leave it all alone for a while. Enjoy collecting your fabric and looking at your featherweight. When the mood strikes, you'll be ready.

Cyn 05-16-2011 05:38 PM

I've been in a funk like that for a while now and there's no good explaination that I can come up. I hope it changes soon.

sewingsuz 05-16-2011 05:39 PM

Sometimes it is like that. Don't be hard on yourself. It is to be fun. Not a burden. You will get it back, don't worry.

Jackie R 05-16-2011 05:59 PM

Thank you Luckylindy for the FW info.

raksmum 05-16-2011 09:24 PM

If you don't want to make a scrappy quilt try the "Thinking outside the block" quilt. You need seven fabrics but you won't need anywhere near two yards of each.

lue 05-16-2011 10:40 PM

Quilts have to tell you they're ready to be made. When they speak, you'll be ready.

katigirl 05-16-2011 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jill
I'm having the same thing now and waiting for it to pass, as I know it will. I think the never-ending winter followed by a cool and rainy spring have gotten to me. Hopefully you will soon be ready to quilt again, but don't beat yourself up over it; it is not permanent.

I resemble this description. lol.

tdvxh 05-17-2011 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dingle
I have fabric. I have the time. I have patterns. I just can't seem to get going on anything. Not even something small. I stink at putting colors together. I have some fabric that goes together but most is just 2 yards of whatever I thought was pretty. I've never done a scrappy top because I have no idea what pattern to use and I'm afraid I'll feel I just wasted the fabric. All I did today is straighten up a little and watch TV with my feet up on my sewing table. And to think I just bought a FW. For what? I'm not even using the machine that's set up. I hope tomorrows a better day. :?

I know just what you mean. I have to buy kits because I suck at putting fabrics together and/or not getting enough to make a top. Just try string squares or charm squares (5"). You'll be surprised at what you end up with. I'm sure it will be great. Like the Nike commercial, "JUST DO IT". :D

rona thickpenny 05-17-2011 09:51 PM

As and when the mood takes me I either knit or crochet on some thing small then before you know i HAVE to get back to sewing .

mary j 05-18-2011 08:49 AM

I love picking out the colors, but sometimes have problems finishing. I always start out gung-ho, then seem to lose momentum. Unfortunately, having a deadline seems to help me. I also hate to make that first cut of a fabric. Like to save it. (Hoarding). Don't feel bad we all have our quirks. An easy way to pick colors - find a fabric you like, then use the colors used in the fabric.