Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is it just me or........? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-me-t106684.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 03-10-2011 09:26 PM

I love pre-cuts! I have to look at them for awhile and play with them before I use them :D
But I also buy mostly yardage.

cathyvv 03-10-2011 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by luv-e
I guess I'm the "weird one".... I bought a turnover of Christmas Fabric and I love it!!!! I did the Stack and Whack from MQC on you-tube..... I love the way it is turning out...... I'm not able to afford to buy 42 different fabrics and this way is cheaper for me and no scraps!!

Agreed! But I have to say that the pre-cuts aren't cut any more evenly than the ones I cut. That surprised me because I am one of the worst when it comes to cutting. Or perhaps I'm just want to be perfect!

Tropical 03-11-2011 01:05 AM

I don't trust that I will like all of the fabrics included in the precuts. I used to buy FQs but not any lately because some have been poor quality and patterns once I opened them. I like to buy yardage so I can see the full pattern and test the quality.

gzuslivz 03-11-2011 01:09 AM

I LOVE pre-cuts! In fact, I'm addicted to charm squares. I love that I get to try fabrics I wouldn't otherwise buy. I like that I can just get down to creating. To each his/her own, right?

hospicenurse 03-11-2011 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by luv-e
I guess I'm the "weird one".... I bought a turnover of Christmas Fabric and I love it!!!! I did the Stack and Whack from MQC on you-tube..... I love the way it is turning out...... I'm not able to afford to buy 42 different fabrics and this way is cheaper for me and no scraps!!

I am fabric color challenged.........I agree. It's like looking at wallpaper, I get so confused. I don't buy a lot though because of the price, but I do get some on sale.

Vickymomof6 03-11-2011 02:36 AM

You're not the only one!

But I have a thing for fat quarters.

karenpatrick 03-11-2011 02:41 AM

I love them, especially the layer cakes! I have bought jelly rolls and charm packs too. It's the only way I can afford to get some of all of a particular line of fabric. I'm not that fond of cutting fabric either. I've never had any trouble with any of the ones I've bought so far. I just ordered 10 more charm packs from Nancy's Notions of Benartex Sand and Surf line. They are gorgeous.

plainpat 03-11-2011 02:46 AM

Doesn't bother me. I like cutting them,wether charms or whatever.In fact, going to chop up 10" sqs today.Guess I'm chop happy :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Cindy2sew
I cant bring myself to use charms, honey buns, turnovers,...you get the idea, pre-cut fabric.
I guess I am a control freak. Anything that takes the process out of my hands makes me uncomfortable. Also not having 'free-rein' with my own fabric choices bothers me.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Sunflower Girl 03-11-2011 02:54 AM

I have such a hard time using them, it's like I'm saving them for that "perfect" project, but then the next project gets ahead of it! Too pretty to use!

GailG 03-11-2011 03:16 AM

A while back I opened a thread about a set of BAtik fats I purchased because I loved the colors. Well, first of all, I don't do well with scrappy; I just can't see putting all of these in one quilt top. I received a lot of great suggestions, but haven't yet had the courage to cut into those fats and get them going into a quilt top. AND they were not cheap!! I do better buying yardage for what I want to do. I'll probably never buy pre-cuts....I said "probably." :o)