Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is it just me or........? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-me-t106684.html)

MsDaniels 03-11-2011 04:01 AM

I agree! Always ones I don't like !

Janj 03-11-2011 04:26 AM

I only buy by the yard... If a fabric I know I will enjoy in another quilt I will buy that much more... Never bought precuts.. Each to their own on decisions though....Enjoy your day ~ Quilt away.

mcar 03-11-2011 04:29 AM

My precuts have worked out well. I bought at MMSQC where you can see a photo of all the colors included in the charm, jelly roll and layer cake. I made small quilts with 1 and two charms, and one lap quilt with a layer cake and one with 1/2 jelly roll. All turned out well.

mar32428 03-11-2011 04:31 AM

Had a chance to buy some jelly rolls VERY cheap. They were alright but really prefer to see the whole fabric pattern. Also bought some pre-cut 5" and 6" squares in Hawaii before they were called charms or whatever. I used them in a quilt but found them very limiting in design.

Hosta 03-11-2011 04:32 AM

I don't really trust the fact that they could be cut correctly to me it seems there could be mistakes in cutting width or length so I won't buy them

sandyo 03-11-2011 04:46 AM

I have not bought pre cuts. Too expensive.

applique 03-11-2011 04:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by luv-e
I guess I'm the "weird one".... I bought a turnover of Christmas Fabric and I love it!!!! I did the Stack and Whack from MQC on you-tube..... I love the way it is turning out...... I'm not able to afford to buy 42 different fabrics and this way is cheaper for me and no scraps!!

I love the precuts in batiks for backgrounds. I always add in at least one other fabric in yardage to bring them together. It's a great way to get 40 different pieces without the expense of yardage.

grann of 6 03-11-2011 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy2sew
I cant bring myself to use charms, honey buns, turnovers,...you get the idea, pre-cut fabric.
I guess I am a control freak. Anything that takes the process out of my hands makes me uncomfortable. Also not having 'free-rein' with my own fabric choices bothers me.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Oh, I LOVE, charms, layer cakes and jelly rolls. I do have a problem cutting them up though, so afraid I will see something else I would rather use them for. Now that I have the June Tailor cutting rulers I wil be able to make my own. They are a real time saver and I have such a problem finding coordinating fabrics, I like not having to make that decision.

grann of 6 03-11-2011 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta
I don't really trust the fact that they could be cut correctly to me it seems there could be mistakes in cutting width or length so I won't buy them

They are laser cut by a computerized machine. Length remains the same because they are cut the width of the fabric.

SueSew 03-11-2011 05:01 AM

As a newbie, I haven't got a big scrap pile yet...and I guess I want to do everything by myself, including selecting and matching fabrics. I could spend a couple hours lost in Joanne's having a great time, and I just discovered an LQS not too far away which has breathtaking fabrics.