Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is it just me or........? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-me-t106684.html)

grannypat7925 03-11-2011 05:39 AM

Me too!

Homespun 03-11-2011 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy2sew
I cant bring myself to use charms, honey buns, turnovers,...you get the idea, pre-cut fabric.
I guess I am a control freak. Anything that takes the process out of my hands makes me uncomfortable. Also not having 'free-rein' with my own fabric choices bothers me.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

I'm with you.

quiltmaker 03-11-2011 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy2sew
I cant bring myself to use charms, honey buns, turnovers,...you get the idea, pre-cut fabric.
I guess I am a control freak. Anything that takes the process out of my hands makes me uncomfortable. Also not having 'free-rein' with my own fabric choices bothers me.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

I'm with you on this one....always felt it was a waste of money buying pre-cuts of any sort. Have you priced them versus a yard of fabric...geeze not worth it to me. I too love the process! Also, after reading some of the comments here many of them are not cut properly and that would truly aggrivate me to no end.

GrandmaLola 03-11-2011 06:07 AM

Personally, I love the precuts, though I don't buy them that often. The places I shop (mostly JoAnn's) don't carry very many, but I have ordered them from Connecting Threads--which was a good experience. Whatever makes the process easier!

lillybeck 03-11-2011 06:21 AM

I bought a jelly roll once. Finally used some for other projects and then a using the rest by adding more fabric for a strip quilt.

deema 03-11-2011 06:31 AM

The only pre-cuts I occasionally use are fat quarters. I've bought charms once on a whim and used them to make stuffed blocks for my baby group babies. I'm not really a scrappy quilter at this point and I find packs of 40+ different fabrics...for ONE quilt...a little overwhelming and chaotic for me.

mummadee 03-11-2011 06:38 AM

Then call me the odd ball. I have trouble cutting and hate to cut, precuts are one way to get me started instead of procastinating over the cutting. I only buy from a few trusted sites and so far only moda. Since I love all the Mary Engelbreit fabrics her charm squares and jelly rolls are wonderful. I've almost finished my first quilt with them.

Bon-bon 03-11-2011 06:41 AM

I agree here. I love the pre cut squares - good variety, and don't have to buy 46 different yardage cuts. Besides, I want to sew, don't want to cut!

redeagle 03-11-2011 06:45 AM

I never buy fabric unless I know what I am going to use it for. Therefore, I never buy pre-cuts and only buy FQ when I have a particular need for them. In the past I bo't fabric that I loved and never did find a use for so it laid here for many years.

severna 03-11-2011 06:48 AM

Part of the joy of quilting for me is the process of planning the quilt the selection of the pattern and designing and choosing the fabric. I have never considered buying the pre-packaged fabric cuts. Everyone has there own approach. The main thing is to enjoy quilting and being creative.
Happy quilting to all
Severna