Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is it just me?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-me-t86732.html)

featherweight 01-01-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by goldsberry921
Hmmm I don't know if I am organized or unorganized, I have certain fabrics grouped together for Ruben's lap quilt, Uncle Dan's quilt, MIL, quilt, Nino's quilt. Some are bagged and tagged with patterns, some aren't! I throw the scraps into a trash can and go through it later to sort through. The room I use is suppose to eventually turn into a guest bedroom. I think the patio could accomodate our guests LOL

After I am done with my living room quilt, I will start on Jojo's heart quilt, I've got plenty of heart fabric to make her a pretty special quilt in honor of my son.

I love the patio idea. I had a daybed in my sewing room. Decided it my sewing room and if anyone wanted to stay they would have to sleep on the hide a bed sofa in the famiily room. Don't get to many guests anymore anyway. HEHE I wonder why!! It is OK as I hate to cook anyway!!

Jim 01-01-2011 10:33 AM

You seem perfectly sane to me...lol. I want everything organized, all fabric in a container for each project...if its for a certain quilt it is put away along with all it's coordinating fabric and supplies for that project and labeled. If its a WIP or UFO..it has its own container. I even have to have the fabric folded straight when I leave the store.I want the person cutting it to fold it nicely and place it in the bag ..not stuff it.I have taken fabric and refolded it in front of them and ask them to please do the same...SO it's not just you..its all of us SANE QUILTERS...lol

glenda5253 01-01-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jim
You seem perfectly sane to me...lol. I want everything organized, all fabric in a container for each project...if its for a certain quilt it is put away along with all it's coordinating fabric and supplies for that project and labeled. If its a WIP or UFO..it has its own container. I even have to have the fabric folded straight when I leave the store.I want the person cutting it to fold it nicely and place it in the bag ..not stuff it.I have taken fabric and refolded it in front of them and ask them to please do the same...SO it's not just you..its all of us SANE QUILTERS...lol

Hey, I resemble that remark! LOL

littlehud 01-01-2011 10:40 AM

I always have to push my glasses up to the top of my head. I see better close that way. DGD sews with sunglasses on the top of her head. Gotta be just like grandma.

Midwestmary 01-01-2011 11:08 AM

I'm with you on #3 & 4 ....can't sew with shoes either :) I have a toy rack that has plastic bins - bought it for the grandkids and ended up keeping it - all wp's and ufo's have their own plastic tub. The rack is full - the ufo's are out of hand <sigh>

nativetexan 01-01-2011 11:17 AM

I sew barefoot too. even drive my car barefoot some days. shoes aren't something i like to keep on my feet for long.

Hen3rietta 01-01-2011 11:26 AM

I sew barefoot too :-)) When a project starts to come together I put all of the pieces in a labeled plastic bin in case I get distracted by a new idea. Did I mention I have a *lot" of plastic bins LOL

Diana

maryb119 01-01-2011 11:29 AM

You sound perfectly normal to me!

Conniequilts 01-01-2011 11:30 AM

You're not quirky, you're organized. I also don't sew in shoes. I don't like the weight of them on my foot. When I was taking quilting classes I also wore sandals so I could slip them off.

geckogirl 01-01-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I always have to push my glasses up to the top of my head. I see better close that way. DGD sews with sunglasses on the top of her head. Gotta be just like grandma.

That is sooo cute!!