Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just thought you would want to know (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-thought-you-would-want-know-t130176.html)

Johanna Fritz 06-14-2011 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by skippitydodahquilts
I never, ever use coats and clark. Period. I've always had problems with it because the quality is so touch and go that I just don't bother with it. I use Superior for quilting and Connecting Threads for Piecing. :)

Amen!

Iamquilter 06-14-2011 10:47 AM

Just recently used some pink C&C's for hand quilting a baby quilt and that stuff just would not work. Kept splitting and making a mess. Just finished a blue baby quilt today and had no problem with the blue thread. Go figure.

Carron 06-14-2011 11:29 AM

I won't use this thread ever. It is cheap and if you use it in your sewing machine you will get bunches of lint in the gears. At times C&C threads can be found for sale at 10 spools for a dollar.....hummmm.....yhou don't have to wonder why!

gypsylady5 06-14-2011 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
I have always used Coats and Clark and the only time I've ever had any problems was when I was still hand sewing the binding down. It would shred and generally make a mess. But it works great in my Brother and have discovered the machine sewing the bindings looks good too!

Same here and absolutely love the varigated Coats and Clark thread!

I've always used C&C for my sewing. I don't use the cheap spools, but the dual duty for my sewing. I don't have any problems with that.

Ruby the Quilter 06-14-2011 12:52 PM

So - if C&C knew so many quilters didn't use it do you think it would maka difference?

writerwomen 06-14-2011 03:10 PM

Have found C&C to be the most reliable on vintage machines- we refurbish machines and all have their own personality- Higher end or specialty thread tend to be trouble with them.

stitchntimesewing 06-14-2011 03:27 PM

I used to use only coats and clark years ago back when it was actually a good thread. Not anymore. I have two sewing machines and neither one will sew with it. I only use guttermans now. And just the cheap guttermans but my machines love it.

Just-Lee 06-14-2011 03:40 PM

I don't have any problems with the c&c dual-duty, but the machine cotton is another story! Heck, even Gutterman machine cotton causes my Viking to make bad thread nests..switch back to dual-duty and it's fine. Go figure!

VernaL 06-14-2011 04:15 PM

I use the C & C for piecing a lot. But when quilting, I am only using Superior now. I'm getting better at free motion quilting, but using the Superior has really helped. Now any problems that I have are my mistakes, not that of the thread.

Jennifer22206 06-14-2011 05:13 PM

I like C&C, works great in my Brother, White and older Singer. The newer Singer is picky, but strangely enough does seem to like Connecting Threads