Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Koala Sewing Station (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/koala-sewing-station-t17691.html)

butterflywing 03-15-2009 02:41 PM

and report that dealer. he's giving them a very bad name.

Up North 03-15-2009 03:28 PM

Woa! that's alot of money for sending it back, is there a dealer closer to you?

Quilt4u 03-16-2009 01:22 AM

I have had it about 3 years now. And the dealer has moved.But will not help me. Calling the Man. today after work.

Skeat 03-16-2009 03:02 AM

So, is it the Koala people that want you to send it in for $200?? Do they know how long you have had it, etc??

Quilt4u 03-16-2009 03:27 AM

It is a life time worr. on it. The dealer I bought it from dose not want to help me. I just can't get threw to the Man. yet.

sewmuch 03-16-2009 07:01 AM

I can't help, but I sure hope you get it fixed. I have had the same one
for 8 years. They should help you, keep trying.

Skeat 03-16-2009 08:13 AM

Quilt4U..go over his head! I had to do that w/an RCA tv years ago...the dealer not wanting to stand behind it w/o a fee, etc and one phone call to the company and it was fixed, and quick...free! So, go over his head!! He has agreed to doing a reput. service for them...he has to do it and obv. he isn't willing w/o someone over his head tugging on his tail end! This is serious...it affects your sewing!LOL Skeat

JoanneS 03-16-2009 12:16 PM

Quilt4U - have you had the problem from the beginning? Koala cabinets are great but SO expensive, and I agree with everyone else that you should contact the company directly and tell them the dealer is giving you NO HELP! They need to know that, and mention that hundreds of your friends on the online Quilting Board have suggested that you write to them. That ought to get their attention. Don't threaten, just mention.

Wine Woman 03-16-2009 02:41 PM

Hi Quilt4u. I have been with the group for a couple of years now but have mainly been a reader and not commented much. I guess you could say the quiet one in the back of the room! Anyway I have a Koala similar to yours which I bought from a fabric store that was used it at a show. I felt I got a good deal compared to the price of new ones. When they delivered it my home they adjusted my lifts, put the machine in and fitted me for the plastic to cover the open area around the machine. However, I am one to keep everything and if it would help you I will look through my information and forward to you anything I might have regarding the adjusting of the lifts, etc. I would be more than happy too. I don't see why another distributor wouldn't help you out from your area. I have called before and ask if they could help me and if not would they recommend someone. I've gotten excellent results by asking.

jacquemoe 03-16-2009 06:04 PM

How long have you had your Koala? I nearly bought one last month. They are so darned expensive. I can't imagine having to ship it back just for a repair on the motor.