Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lancaster, PA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lancaster-pa-t122812.html)

sunflower126 05-15-2011 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt
Where is your favorite place to eat?

We always plan a late lunch at the Shady Maple buffet.

amandasgramma 05-15-2011 02:10 PM

I was there a coupla weeks ago!!!!!!!!!! I spent my wad at Bitty Kinna's!!!! I LOVE that place and plan on going again -- only I want 2 weeks to enjoy the shops!!!!

May in Jersey 05-15-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
LOL..isn't Obie's a trip...
It is so crowded you can't walk thru the store. Nothing is really organized either. The ladies there know where everything is..

I've been there a few times on the way home from the Spring quilt show but I was afraid of falling bolts attacking me so I was satisfied with the fabrics I bought at Zooks, Sauders and Country Store. May in Jersey

Janetlmt 05-15-2011 05:01 PM

Dear Hubby just told me has made reservations for 2 nights in Lancaster over Memorial Day weekend. I want to add a few more shops to test out. I usually stop at Weavers, Martins, Zooks, Old Country Store and the Amish quilt shop. NOT going to Obies any more..that place scares me..LOL.
Peace and Blessings

Pat G 05-15-2011 05:02 PM

Oh my gosh, how can any of those bolts be pulled out at Obie's? They are stacked so high I can picture them all falling down when you try to pull one out.

Talk about a kid in a candy store!

Auntie B 05-15-2011 06:10 PM

Greetings Quilter 54, Lancaster sure has a lot of fabric shops, how big of a city is it? Obies looks like a wild but fun, carnival ride !!! Auntie B Nice stash you came home with.

sunflower126 05-16-2011 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
Dear Hubby just told me has made reservations for 2 nights in Lancaster over Memorial Day weekend. I want to add a few more shops to test out. I usually stop at Weavers, Martins, Zooks, Old Country Store and the Amish quilt shop. NOT going to Obies any more..that place scares me..LOL.
Peace and Blessings

Have to go to Burkholders.

OB 05-16-2011 04:56 AM

thanks for the pictures. I'll have to go there, as that is also my nickname.

May in Jersey 05-16-2011 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Auntie B
Greetings Quilter 54, Lancaster sure has a lot of fabric shops, how big of a city is it? Obies looks like a wild but fun, carnival ride !!! Auntie B Nice stash you came home with.

Auntie B, Most of the shops aren't in the city of Lancaster that's the new site for the spring quilt show. Many shops are along along Old Philly Pike - Zooks, The Country Store, Bitty something ( a fairly new shop). Once you get to the area there are plenty of touristy maps and fabric shop flyers you can pick up.

What I love about the area is when we go to the quilt show we can also shop for great fabric bargins and with so many shops in the area the assortment of fabrics is fantastic. There is also some great country furniture shops and good hearty PA Dutch cooking. May in Jersey

Janetlmt 05-16-2011 07:59 AM

I have been to Burkholders a few times. It seems we are never near there. Hopefully this trip we will be. I have a coupon from them.