Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lancaster, PA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lancaster-pa-t122812.html)

Quilter54 05-14-2011 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Keira's quilter
But the main question is, how were the prices at Obie's?

The iems I bought were $5 & $6 a yard plus the one piece was almost an extra yd. more & another one was over 1/2 yd. more than I ask for.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 05-14-2011 05:01 AM

Why not Good's. We have one locally in Quarryville. The selection isn't huge there but I found Kaufman kona at a good price. I'm afraid I couldn't go to Obie's. I'm somewhat claustrophobic. I can see all the material tumbling down on top of me.

quiltmom04 05-14-2011 05:02 AM

I live about 30 minutes from Lancaster and go there a lot. But I've never heard of Obie's! Where was that one?

costumegirl 05-14-2011 05:05 AM

OMG!! Good for you!!

Happy Treadler 05-14-2011 05:05 AM

Just a reminder about the vintage "People Powered" sewing machine retreat in Blue Ball, PA, on June 10th & 11th. The Bitty Kinna lady opens her shop for midnight strolls. :) We hang out, play with old sewing machines, take some classes, and eat, eat, eat, all weekend. Oh, and we SHOP a lot, too! :) The "technical" name for the retreat is called TOGA: Treadle On Gathering and Academy. It originated from the on-line group Treadle On, and I've been hostess now for three years. I take my 10-year-old DD with me, and it's a mother/daughter weekend without the boys. Can't wait!!

virgwid 05-14-2011 05:09 AM

wow. Those pictures show me that I am correct in getting my fabric mainly online. I would not be able to pick out anything with all those bolts staring at me all at the same time. One of the reasons I gave up quilting so long ago. Now I can only look at a few at a time, with the online store sorting it out by my tastes, can put them on a virtual board and look at the choices together. I used to get so aggrivated with myself trying to find the perfect blue out of about a hundred, in about five minutes so the shop lady would quit following me. Now I can take days to make my decisions. I think it would be fun to take a tour of the shops like you did, but I think I would be so overwhelmed. Virg

Quilter54 05-14-2011 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
I live about 30 minutes from Lancaster and go there a lot. But I've never heard of Obie's! Where was that one?

It is not far from Good's Store or Shady Maple Buffet (I think that was the name of the Buffet) Goods is in East Earl, PA.

Quilter54 05-14-2011 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt
Why not Good's. We have one locally in Quarryville. The selection isn't huge there but I found Kaufman kona at a good price. I'm afraid I couldn't go to Obie's. I'm somewhat claustrophobic. I can see all the material tumbling down on top of me.

The one I was at didn't really have that much fabric. However, they were remodeling or reorganizing the store. I would go back if I were in the area but would not make a special trip.

quiltmom04 05-14-2011 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter54

Originally Posted by quiltmom04

It is not far from Good's Store or Shady Maple Buffet (I think that was the name of the Buffet) Goods is in East Earl, PA.

Thanks! I better go check it out! :)

Kutnso 05-14-2011 05:48 AM

I'm really envious---we used to stop in most of those places on our back from Fl. every year---now we fly and I really miss it. Did you not go to the Museum/store in Intercourse??? another great fabric place and beautiful quilts to drool over.
Have fun planning all your new projects, Kutnso