Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Like I need a new project! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/like-i-need-new-project-t243556.html)

PS Stitcher 03-22-2014 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom (Post 6636584)
I find myself buying more fabric and patterns although I have plenty of both to last me quite a while! It's an addiction :)

Hahaha! Story of my life!

Anne P 03-22-2014 08:15 PM

I'm in the same boat (or is it a ship by now?). I'm finishing the quilting on a throw for MIL, have fabric ready for DH's throw for next Christmas, and a couple of wall hangings started. I've also started cutting 2.5" square scraps for a throw for the living room and want to make a different one for the Wreckroom downstairs. I also have ideas for several more I want to do. See, you are not alone by any means!
Oh, and my parents are coming up from Texas in June so I'm thinking I can get that summer sampler wall hanging done by then, right? It will probably be only 9 blocks, set in a 3 X 3 pattern, with sashing and one border. Easy, peasy, eh? Meanwhile, I am about finished with the homework from the quilting class I'm taking.
All of this is in addition to the three knitting projects, one of which needs only a couple more rows actually, and the two books I'm reading.
I wonder if other hobbyists have these problems - too many great ideas and not enough time (or energy some days). DH is a wood worker and he does only one project at a time. What a concept.

Pennyhal 03-23-2014 10:22 AM

If it is an addiction, then it's a great one to have! Relax and do whatever makes you happy!

pokeygirl 03-23-2014 10:28 AM

I find myself buying more fabric and patterns although I have plenty of both to last me quite a while! It's an addiction :)

Me, too. I will probably not live long enough to use all I have.:D

kaelynangelfoot 03-23-2014 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going to make everyone feel better about having too many projects going at a time and post a picture of my sewing room where I had at last count, 5 active quilts and three active garments as well as a new purse/tote bag. This is when you have too much going on at one time. I'm going to clean it all up and start working on one project at a time because I no longer know what to work on when I walk into my sewing room. So until you reach that point, just enjoy the ride!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]468616[/ATTACH]

mjhaess 03-24-2014 05:40 AM

I hear what you are saying..

KwiltyKahy 03-24-2014 12:02 PM

It's still cheaper than therapy

KwiltyKahy 03-24-2014 12:09 PM

I have already passed that point. It's so bad you can barely get in the room. Spring cleaning is a must!! But I would rather do something else, ANYTHING else.

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot (Post 6640950)
I'm going to make everyone feel better about having too many projects going at a time and post a picture of my sewing room where I had at last count, 5 active quilts and three active garments as well as a new purse/tote bag. This is when you have too much going on at one time. I'm going to clean it all up and start working on one project at a time because I no longer know what to work on when I walk into my sewing room. So until you reach that point, just enjoy the ride!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]468616[/ATTACH]

stillclock 03-24-2014 12:53 PM

i hit a breaking point this weekend with unfinished projects. i am sick to death of looking at 4 quilts and they need to get sorted and out of my sewing room. enough! it's overwhelming!

aileen

JudyTheSewer 03-24-2014 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kris P (Post 6637435)
<snip>Did I mention that yesterday, instead of quilting, I ran to SR Harris Fabric Outlet and spent the day among racks and racks of quilting fabrics? Love that place.

Shoot! I meant to find time to hit the SR Harris Fabrics outlet while visiting my kids and family in the Cities this week. We moved to the Reno area and I always shopped the Mill End Fabrics in Burnsville, MN when returning back into my home town. Hopefully, shopping at SR Harris will fit into the schedule the next time I am in town. I've never been there since it is at the northern end of town and I always lived south or west.