Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Liquid starch (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/liquid-starch-t163084.html)

Peckish 10-25-2011 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmouse
I have waterdampened clothes that I left in the fridge too long & it molded.

I'm confused... you keep damp clothes in the fridge?

Sadiemae 10-25-2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish

I was curious so I googled. The only thing I found was to keep the clothes moist until you have the time to iron, place them in the refrigerator. It said only up to 24 hours. I even found some people that will put them in the freezer if they can't iron them right away.

the casual quilter 10-25-2011 01:41 PM

I get mine at Kroger's or Target. It comes in a two quart blue jug with a brand name of Sta-Flo.

ccrow99 10-25-2011 02:17 PM

Is there a great advantage to using the liquid over the spray, or is it just the size of the piece to be starched?

familyfun 10-25-2011 02:20 PM

I hade a terrible time finding starch when I started looking. And yep there it was in the laundry aisle on the very bottom shelf.. hidden with only one brand. The first clerk I ask looked at me like I was crazy .. she had never heard of it.
My bottle is almost empty so I am going to make my own from one of the receipes on the board to see if I like it.

Lori S 10-25-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by ccrow99
Is there a great advantage to using the liquid over the spray, or is it just the size of the piece to be starched?

I like it because you can custom mix , and vary the strenght. And its alot cheaper than spray starch in the can.

quiltmouse 10-25-2011 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae

Originally Posted by Peckish

I was curious so I googled. The only thing I found was to keep the clothes moist until you have the time to iron, place them in the refrigerator. It said only up to 24 hours. I even found some people that will put them in the freezer if they can't iron them right away.

Sorry, I did not make that clear. Yes, it was clothing to be ironed.

Camping Angel 10-25-2011 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ccrow99

I don't care for the spray can because there is no way to adjust between a coarse or fine spray.

Tinabodina 10-26-2011 03:11 AM

Walmart, bottom shelf. Most grocery stores too, but again, bottom shelf.

Patti Mahoney 10-26-2011 03:25 AM

Wow, I know what you are talking about. I used to use it to starch my doilies when I used to crochet alot. I haven't noticed it in the grocery stores for quite a while although, I haven't really looked either. Good luck in your search.