Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Long-Armer Ruined my Quilt -- What to do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/long-armer-ruined-my-quilt-what-do-t82413.html)

Charlee 12-13-2010 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
Be careful. She could sue for libel.

Can a person sue for libel if the statements made are the true?

Nope

GloBug 12-13-2010 08:41 AM

It is horrid that your quilt was dammaged. I would also let others know how she dose not respond, word of mouth is great adversing and it works both ways. Shame on the quilter. :XD:

tweezy50 12-13-2010 08:44 AM

To Gump51; True example of making lemonade out of lemons! I'll have to keep this in mind .

BellaBoo 12-13-2010 08:47 AM

How did you find this person? Go to the source if you had one and let them know how disappointed you are with this person's work and ethics. I would definitely spread the word about why I would never use her again.

eaglebeak1960 12-13-2010 08:52 AM

report her to the better business bureau!!! take her to court!!! make her life miserable!! if she will not be responsible then she deserves it all of us spend our time (and money) on making quilts no one deserves to have one ruined

whenpigsfly 12-13-2010 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee

Originally Posted by bearisgray

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
Be careful. She could sue for libel.

Can a person sue for libel if the statements made are the true?

Nope

The only provable fact is: there's a hole in the quilt. HOW it got there, and WHO put it there cannot be proven.

Zebra2 12-13-2010 09:07 AM

'Tis the season for LA's to be swamped. Not making excuses for her, but I think I'd check around a bit, find other customer's she's quilted for and ask if they've had difficulty with her work. Where did you find her and did you ask for references or see her work? I'd want to be very sure that she is consistently unreliable before I tried to ruin her business. Just sayin'.

Scissor Queen 12-13-2010 09:14 AM

Wow. I can't believe how many people would ruin this woman's business over one mistake.

The quilt is not ruined. It has a hole. Repair the hole and get over it.

The only way this would be a major tragedy is if this was a $25,000 show quilt.

BellaBoo 12-13-2010 09:16 AM

The LA was given the chance to work out a solution with the customer and she refused. If she's too ignorant to know that one unsatisfied customer means loss of future business then why be concerned for her if she does lose business.

Scissor Queen 12-13-2010 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The LA was given the chance to work out a solution with the customer and she refused. If she's too ignorant to know that one unsatisfied customer means loss of future business then why be concerned for her if she does lose business.

There's a difference between taking your business elsewhere and *intentionally* setting out to put sombody out of business because they made one mistake and didn't do whatever you deem necessary to fix it.