Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Love to meet the moderators! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/love-meet-moderators-t148934.html)

dakotamaid 08-30-2011 02:46 AM

I happened on this site one late night when I couldn't sleep. I was just surfing and found this great place to hang out.:)

sharon b 08-30-2011 03:29 AM

I happened upon it by accident , stopped in for a visit and have been here ever since :lol:

I have meet several board members over the years and even count myself very fortunate to have meet PatriceJ :thumbup:

AlwaysQuilting 08-30-2011 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
but i'm easily distracted by shiny objects and pretty fabrics. :lol:

:-D :-D :-D

Tinabodina 08-30-2011 03:35 AM

I stumbled on this board when I was looking for some fabric. It popped up in the search.

DeeBooper 08-30-2011 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Currently we have a senior moderator who helps out with everyday issues:
PatriceJ

Additionally, the following users are also moderators who agreed to help out in cases of severe abuse of the board:
Butterflyspain
Jim's Gem
kathy
k_jupiter
littlehud
sharon b
Up North

i've started a few times to attempt compiling something to roughly outline our history. i think it would be a long and colorful story.

but i'm easily distracted by shiny objects and pretty fabrics. :lol:

You all run a fabulous forum...thank you!

leatheflea 08-30-2011 04:01 AM

There was a thread here once about the start of this board, I'm sure that someone will find it. I think the origianl owner/ moderator just left the board last year after getting married and getting a life. Someone correct me if I'm wrong I could be thinking of another forum.

mandyk 08-30-2011 04:54 AM

Ditto to deebopper. Would think being a moderator is difficult at best. Thanks for doing the job.

quiltntoday 08-30-2011 05:00 AM

We appreciate all the moderators efforts. You make it easy for the rest of us. What a wonderful site to "hang" with our friends. It would be fun to see everyone in person.

Jim's Gem 08-30-2011 07:50 AM

"but i'm easily distracted by shiny objects and pretty fabrics."

Those pretty fabrics, you gotta watch out for them......

I started getting the quilted paradise newsletter first back in late 2007. I would occasionally look at the most visited topics. It wasn't until I was stuck at home for over 3 1/2 months after shoulder surgery that I checked out the board and joined. Had lots of time to "play" on the computer then.
I am on here way too much for my own good, especially since I am no longer working.

quilt addict 08-30-2011 08:09 AM

Thanks to all the moderators and the work they do. I cannot imagine how much time it sucks up.

I really like this site and learn something everyday. It has helped me improve my quilting, when I take the time to walk away from the computer an do some sewing.