Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Multiple Projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/multiple-projects-t177001.html)

bubble951 01-26-2012 04:26 PM

I'm weird, I make myself work on something until I finish it. My quilting guild does have small projects each month and I will do them, but then back to my major project until complete. Someone called it self control, but I just think it's learning how to use what spare time i had while working. I love this retirement and wish I could of done it 20 years ago!

Joset 01-27-2012 04:44 AM

i love retirement. and i have 3 ufo and
started another one. i keep telling myself
finish the one you started, but then i find something
else to start. so much fun.

gailinva 01-27-2012 05:35 AM

Me too!!!!!

Originally Posted by Joset (Post 4915139)
i love retirement. and i have 3 ufo and
started another one. i keep telling myself
finish the one you started, but then i find something
else to start. so much fun.

TanyaL 01-27-2012 05:40 AM

What is a tag blanket?

EllieGirl 01-27-2012 05:58 AM

A tag blanket is the newest thing among the younger set. It's a small blanket about 16"x16" or a little bigger. You use any type of soft fabric, maybe add something for texture, and use ribbons or trim to put small loops all around each side. I have four grandchildren and three of them are 14 months and younger, so I'm making one for each.

TanyaL 01-27-2012 06:06 AM

I hadn't heard about these. How are they used ?

Becky Crafts 01-27-2012 06:27 AM

Right now is the first time I've had multiple projects going at the same time since I started quilting. I'm working on some very labor intensive wolf panels with a LOT of detail, so I've just finished 8 baby burp cloths on which I practiced my FMQ, & then I traced a pattern from one of my magazines onto tracing paper & would be cutting it out if I hadn't lost the fabric! Now I'm waiting for more of it to come in the mail! I just work on each whenever I feel like it & celebrate as I finish each one. :-) I'm about 1/2 done with #3 of 4 wolf panels, so I'm getting them done, albeit slowly.

Cherylsea 01-27-2012 06:47 AM

I keep each project in a clear plastic bin - pattern, fabric, sometimes even thread. That way nothing is missing when I go to work on it again. I have the pattern facing the outside of the bin so I can easily tell which is which and I work on the one that I am in the mood to do.

SueSew 01-27-2012 07:06 AM

I wish I were retired! I'm so jealous!

I CAN'T do much more than one thing at a time - one small project for open class, one big quilt in the piecing/assembly stage, one in design but already bought the fabric, and one small UFO to mull over.

Cherylsea's idea of organizing them is a good one, especially including the thread!

Peggy Jeanne 01-27-2012 07:13 AM

I have the same problem! This year I am rotating a new project and WIP. Hopefully I will get more done.