Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My "Aha" moment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-%22aha%22-moment-t110882.html)

samifel 03-27-2011 06:51 AM

Stick with the "AHA" moment...we have enough "DUH" moments in our lives...

GypsyRse1 03-27-2011 06:57 AM

About 11 years ago, I bought a Bernina QE (quilters edition) and used it very little until I retired 2 years ago when I really began to sew. I tried and tried to get a 1/4 inch seam and the same thing happened to me...until suddenly I discovered that my machine came with a 1/4 inch quilting foot....DUH, LOL

ann31039 03-27-2011 07:14 AM

me too!! i'd had that machine for nearly 2 years. lol

Holice 03-27-2011 07:19 AM

Just goes to show you.....you didnt need that foot to get your perfect 1/4" seams.

grandjan 03-27-2011 07:21 AM

That's pretty funny. I can imagine your aggravation. Of course, now I have to go through the attachments for my machine and find out what I've been overlooking. Have a great day.

Dina 03-27-2011 07:24 AM

Yes, I think I need to look at my attachments also. Who know what might be in there. I already have the 1/4 inch foot, and a stitch in the ditch foot, but haven't looked too closely at those other feet. :)

TonnieLoree 03-27-2011 07:31 AM

When I bought my Husky/Viking sewing machine 5 years ago, I watched the video that came with it. It got to the part explaining how to use the button hole attachment. I looked everywhere for that rascal, and finally determined that I didn't have one. When I called the store where I made my purchase, I was assured it came with the machine and was in the accessory box. I still didn't find it and sat and fumed for a few months, knowing I had been taken for an expensive ride. Low and behold, one day I flipped a lid on the base of the machine (it was setting in a cabinet, and not readily noticeable to me.) There, along with more bobbins was the button-hole attachment! Prior to my purchase, the machine had been used as a demo at the Sisters Quilt Show, and when it was packed up to return to the shop, not all of the accessories were put back where they belonged. Some were in the box, and others were in the super-secret compartment that only bloodhounds could locate. Yes, I did call and apologize to Morrows Sewing Center. Even though I wasn't rude during my first call about the missing part, I needed to let the salesperson know that the part had been located. Talk about feeling sheepish...........baah, baah.

Baloonatic 03-27-2011 07:46 AM

I have one too and never use it any more, I have to remove it or it gets in my way when I want to do anything other than a 1/4" seam

shirley35 03-27-2011 08:31 AM

Boy can I relate, I hate reading instructions, but then all I want to do on my machine is piece and quilt. I have no idea what all those other attachments or for.

eimay 03-27-2011 09:41 AM

Glad you noticed it now, it could have been ten more years.