Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My "Aha" moment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-%22aha%22-moment-t110882.html)

donnalynett 03-27-2011 09:48 AM

The dealer where I purchased my new machine sold me a 1/4" foot.....got home and after a few days of playing with the new machine I discovered it has a built-in setting for 1/4". I was mad as it wasn't cheap but decided to keep it anyway.

My time 03-27-2011 10:08 AM

So funny, you girls really crack me up.

quiltpd 03-27-2011 10:10 AM

Now you can Really start piecing-LOL. Let's hear it for the 1/4" foot and thread cutter. Been there done that.

Jates 03-27-2011 10:12 AM

Maybe it's a Western NY thing- until about 2 years ago- I didn't realize that the little marks on the sewing feet actually meant something- like 1/4 inch! ;) My oldest sister informed me of this incredible info-before that I just sewed. My other sister didn't realize her machine had a thread cutter either-LOL. She had it in a shop and the lady was demonstrating something for her- when she magically cut the thread with it- my sister was like "How did you do that?!!" funny!

leiladylei54 03-27-2011 10:25 AM

Ahhh don't feel too badly about your discovery....better late than never!!!

TonnieLoree 03-27-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jates
Maybe it's a Western NY thing- until about 2 years ago- I didn't realize that the little marks on the sewing feet actually meant something- like 1/4 inch! ;) My oldest sister informed me of this incredible info-before that I just sewed. My other sister didn't realize her machine had a thread cutter either-LOL. She had it in a shop and the lady was demonstrating something for her- when she magically cut the thread with it- my sister was like "How did you do that?!!" funny!

That is funny! I have a thread cutter but rarely use it. I worked in the garment industry for many years and we were taught to keep our snips in our hands at all times while sewing. To this day, my snips are always in my right hand.

Sallyflymi 03-27-2011 10:28 AM

LOL That is what we get when we don't play with all the toys that come with the machine. We need to spend more time playing . This should be a lesson for all of us..

MamaYitu 03-27-2011 10:33 AM

What does it look like????--maybe I have one in my kit and don't know it too! I have been wondering.

GrannieAnnie 03-27-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by jdavis
...or maybe I should say, my "duh" moment!
I bought my sewing machine before I ever started quilting. Have been quilting now for about 9 years, I guess, and I just discovered I have a 1/4" foot in my tool kit! Argghh!!!!

Congrats on your find. Even late!

I've looked at every foot in every tool kit and not one single 1/4" foot in the bunch

IBQUILTIN 03-27-2011 11:42 AM

That's ok. Mine had a zipper foot that I would never have recognized as such. Go figure