Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My husband says I am not a quilter... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-husband-says-i-am-not-quilter-t61571.html)

MadQuilter 08-27-2010 06:09 PM

Yes, I am collector too. Fabric, sewing machines, books, thread, patterns......and fortunately for my husband, I will hang on to the one I got. When he asked me once "how many sewing machines can you possibly need in a lifetime?" I countered with "How many drills can a man need? Oh, and how many saws can a man need? Oh and how many.....?" He got the point real quick.

Loretta 08-27-2010 06:43 PM

I think we are all related.

Dee 08-27-2010 06:48 PM

I'm the same and love this part of my life. If it makes you happy-why not??? Its cheaper then a session on a couch and who are we bothering or hurting. SO we may collect fabric, notions etc, but we are women that make this world good.

burnsk 08-27-2010 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
My husband says that I am not a quilter, I am a "Collector"! I have so many projects started and waiting to be started that I am overwhelmed. Does anyone else feel that way? What have you done to feel better and get things done? Have you given things away just to get things to a manageable level?

Hey Karla, can I come shop in your 'store' next time I'm in town?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pat G 08-27-2010 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
My husband says that I am not a quilter, I am a "Collector"! I have so many projects started and waiting to be started that I am overwhelmed. Does anyone else feel that way? What have you done to feel better and get things done? Have you given things away just to get things to a manageable level?

Oh my yes. When I start to feel overwhelmed, I just step back then take one project & finish it. I put the others out of sight til I'm ready for the next one. That sort of organizes my brain.

burnsk 08-27-2010 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Yes, I am collector too. Fabric, sewing machines, books, thread, patterns......and fortunately for my husband, I will hang on to the one I got.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are too funny. After 46 years, mine is still a WIP

Ditter43 08-27-2010 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by skydiver70
I am the same way. Keep collecting patterns, and patterns. I had thought about putting up this sign: "My house was clean last week, sorry you missed it!" LOL

I have that sign up where everybody can see it when they come in! Just pick out one project and concentrate on finishing that one. Put all the others out of site till it is done. Then go on to the next one. Soon your DH will see you truly are a quilter and you will feel better about it!! :-D

nellie 08-27-2010 08:12 PM

and i throught i was the only one ,yep everyone here at home is on the waiting list lol

irenecarter 08-27-2010 08:51 PM

COJMomma, if you decide to get rid of some of your stash, send it my way we live in the same state.

Momsmurf 08-27-2010 10:57 PM

I tend to follow Eleanor Burn's philosophy.

Keep buying fabric...they have to age properly before use, and while aging, they function as great insulation in my basement sewing room.

Works for me!