Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My husband says I am not a quilter... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-husband-says-i-am-not-quilter-t61571.html)

Blue Bell 08-26-2010 08:12 PM

I am a collector, too. Right now I have collected enough fabric to cover the state of Rhode Island.

dotcomdtcm 08-26-2010 08:14 PM

I am pretty bored my scraps. Maybe I should trade the whole bin w someone else!

ganny 08-26-2010 08:16 PM

Well, gotta go to bed. Getting up early to go garage saling (spelled right?). Goodnight everyone! Sweet dreams.

Aunt Retta 08-26-2010 08:18 PM

I think we are quilters if we love fabric, colors and quilts!

ganny 08-26-2010 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I am pretty bored my scraps. Maybe I should trade the whole bin w someone else!

I think that's the thing. I look at my material for so long and then get bored with it and it no longer looks good.
Well, goodnight.

cjomomma 08-26-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by ganny

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am the same way only difference is I decided to give away the fabrics I won't be using for the price of shipping. I may do it again in another month. I decided if I am not using it then it needs to go to someone who will.

Seems like I never have the right kind of material I need for my next quilt! Even scrappies, I never have the right kind of "scraps". How do you get an abundance?

I got an over flow totally by accident. I shop the thrift shops and went thru a phase several years ago where I bought every piece of quilty fabric I could get my hands on I couldn't beat the $.50 a yard price. Now I try to work from my stash. I did say try but sometimes there is that fabric that you have to have for a quilt. So it isn't working to well for me. I even give my scraps away for shipping costs. No use in keeping them either.

tcnmom 08-26-2010 08:44 PM

I think we're all related! If I never bought another inch of fabric, I would have to live to be at least 100 to use up my stash and fq's.

Joanie2 08-26-2010 08:54 PM

You need to start thinking like a vitner. Fabrics, like fine wine, need to age awhile to get better. So at least once a week you need to stroke them, admire them and talk to them lovingly telling them how wonderful they are going to look once you decide how they are going to play together.
You're not a collector - you're an artist who needs time to imagine your next piece of art. Give up the guilt and feel free to dream.

roselady 08-26-2010 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
You need to start thinking like a vitner. Fabrics, like fine wine, need to age awhile to get better. So at least once a week you need to stroke them, admire them and talk to them lovingly telling them how wonderful they are going to look once you decide how they are going to play together.
You're not a collector - you're an artist who needs time to imagine your next piece of art. Give up the guilt and feel free to dream.

Exactly!!! The hard part is convincing my DH of this, and that I need more!!

mom2suki 08-26-2010 09:22 PM

As I can already see by the posts, there are a lot of us "collectors" around! I keep adding patterns to my collection, but not getting much done. :oops: I have decided, though, to limit my pattern collecting and quilting projects to mostly applique since I enjoy that more than piecing. We'll see what happens!!