Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My lesson for today..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-lesson-today-t228419.html)

BellaBoo 08-22-2013 05:05 AM

If I want something not necessary but sure would be nice to have I pray for it. Prayer is powerful.

JaniceP 08-22-2013 05:17 AM

Many blessings to you while you try to be content. Hopefully your ship will come in someday. I still wait for mine.

homecaregiver 08-22-2013 05:40 AM

That was a great story and a lesson to be learned. I too would love to own a LA but alas is not in the budget. So I too will be content to just learn to use what I have. Thanks for reminding us of this valuable lesson of life. A perfect day for me to read this.
Pat

MargeD 08-22-2013 06:17 AM

Cute explanation for newer is better envy. I've been hit with it a time or two, but my budget rules my life on this one, at least for now. Guess I'll just have to sell more quilts and bags.

Wanabee Quiltin 08-22-2013 06:59 AM

Yes, I have been there too. Not with a Tin Lizzie but with other things. Sometimes it is very hard to find that contentment after you have seen something else.

llong0233 08-22-2013 08:01 AM

What a lovely reminder of how fortunate we all are. Thank you for helping me to be grateful for today and my equipment and my world in general. I enjoyed your story.

IBQUILTIN 08-22-2013 08:16 AM

I have not test driven any LA machines yet, but I know I am going to. When I lost my DH, I was left with lots and lots of his tools and guns and on and on. I have just recently decided that it is time to let these things go, so there is hope for a long arm in my future. Of course I have to convert the garage into a sewing room so I have a place for it, but it will happen, I just know it will

svenskaflicka1 08-22-2013 08:17 AM

phillipians 4 tells us we can do all things through christ, etc--but the verse just before that (and it's my favorite, btw) says, "not that i speak from want, for i have all, and abound; for i have learned whatsoever state i am in, therewith to be content."

i love the focus on contentment. it's the "make do" element that speaks to my heart. i'm with you. i just tend to stay away from the things i "want", because they aren't always what i "need"...

Iraxy 08-22-2013 08:34 AM

Love the phrase having a "gratitude attitude." Will try that on for size for a while.

Iraxy 08-22-2013 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN (Post 6249098)
I have not test driven any LA machines yet, but I know I am going to. When I lost my DH, I was left with lots and lots of his tools and guns and on and on. I have just recently decided that it is time to let these things go, so there is hope for a long arm in my future. Of course I have to convert the garage into a sewing room so I have a place for it, but it will happen, I just know it will

I hope this will happen for you!